Hassle-free stand-alone binary decoder/extractor for email messages

Andreas Perfora’tus

Just thought I'd run this one by again, because I need a program that does
EXACTLY what this one does. I give it 5 stars. Gotta love Google groups.

:)

My thanks and kudos to the author too.

From: (e-mail address removed) ([email protected])
Subject: UUDWin decoder / encoder
Original Format
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: 2003-11-08 08:58:19 PST

http://my.execpc.com/~mspankus/

<SNIP>
UUDWin is a hassle free Windows 3.1/ Win95+ compatible program
designed to make it easy to quickly extract binary files encoded in a
variety of formats commonly used to send data through Email and the
Internet. UUDWin supports UUENCODE, XXENCODE, BINHEX4, MIME BASE-64,
MIME Quoted-Printable, MIME Text/Plain and the new yEncode encoding
formats. It's the easiest to use, most forgiving message decoder
available for the Windows platform! No sorting, formatting or other
processing of messages is required. UUDWin does it all for you. It
supports drag & drop and the clipboard. Best of all it's available
FREE!
<SNIP>

Includes a 16 BIT version for Windows 3.1

Bjorn Simonsen

Andreas Perfora’tus wrote in
Just thought I'd run this one by again, because I need a program that does
EXACTLY what this one does. I give it 5 stars. Gotta love Google groups.
http://my.execpc.com/~mspankus/

Nice I agree. I nominated it for the Pricelessware list last time,
<http://google.com/groups?&[email protected]>
but it did not get enough votes. Have used this program for years,
since Win3x, don't need is as often now as before though - as most
e-mail and news clients have learned to behave when sending out
encoded messages (like add appropriate headers and such) - and most
receiving clients have learned to handle them and the encoding
formats. But I occasionally come across cases where this does not
apply, like fx someone forwarding a encoded file and messing up the
headers as they do, or sending it as multiple parts in separate
messages (not a mulitpart mime message) so there is no way for the
e-mail/news client to understand the parts belongs together.
And yes gotta love Google Groups :)
<http://google.com/groups?as_q=uudwin&as_ugroup=alt.comp.freeware&as_scoring=d> )

All the best,
Bjorn Simonsen

From: (e-mail address removed) ([email protected])
Original Format
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: 2003-11-08 08:58:19 PST

http://my.execpc.com/~mspankus/

<SNIP>
UUDWin is a hassle free Windows 3.1/ Win95+ compatible program
designed to make it easy to quickly extract binary files encoded in a
variety of formats commonly used to send data through Email and the
Internet. UUDWin supports UUENCODE, XXENCODE, BINHEX4, MIME BASE-64,
MIME Quoted-Printable, MIME Text/Plain and the new yEncode encoding
formats. It's the easiest to use, most forgiving message decoder
available for the Windows platform! No sorting, formatting or other
processing of messages is required. UUDWin does it all for you. It
supports drag & drop and the clipboard. Best of all it's available
FREE!
<SNIP>

Includes a 16 BIT version for Windows 3.1

Similar is FastCode, which sometimes works with things that UUDWin won't
decode.

v4beta3
http://alpha.tuzvo.sk/ftp/communic/win95_98
_nt/e_mail/fastcode/Fcode32b3.zip

v3
ftp://ftp.mylittleserver.net/fcode32.zip