Hard drive jumpers

Terry

If the master/slave settings are not set correctly will the bios
report the drives.

In other words, if I get a message saying....
primary master = 60G Seagate hard drive
primary slave = Sony CD
does this mean that the jumpers are correct?

John Doe

Terry said:
If the master/slave settings are not set correctly will the bios
report the drives.

In other words, if I get a message saying....
primary master = 60G Seagate hard drive
primary slave = Sony CD
does this mean that the jumpers are correct?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Terry

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Well that is the thing.......I am pretty sure it is not broke, but I
am not sure who fixed it.

The computer I am looking at for a friend is hanging at boot. It does
report the drives, but when my friend gave it to me, he told me that
someone else had looked at the computer.

I would like to be sure that if the bios reports the drives, the
jumpers are set correctly. I haven't touched them, but I also would
like to avoid taking them out and checking. With my eyes, the only
way I would be able to verify the jumpers would be to pull the drives
out and hold it in my hand.

peter

Then do that because they could be jumpered to Cable Select...
At what stage during the boot does it hang???........BIOS
screen...XP(?)startup screen??.........???????
peter

Terry

They are not cable select. I can say that positively. A cable select
cable is color coded. It has one blue one black and one gray
connector.

The computer hangs after reporting what is on the ide cables.

It reports a primary hard drive on the ide port one and it reports a
cd player and a dvd player on ide cable 2.

Then the computer just hangs.

I have tried unplugging the hard drive from the motherboard and
booting from an XP disk in the CD player. It hangs

I have tried unplugging the CD cable and booting from the hard drive
but it also hangs.

I don't suspect the jumpers have been moved. I wanted someone to
confirm this by saying.....if the bios reports each device at boot
then you can be sure the jumpers are correct.

mmarkoe

29-10947 Mark
O. Bender
7/25/2007
Dossier

REQUEST OF CLIENT

On July 24, 2007, Martin Markoe with eMicrophones, Inc. contacted
XXXXXX & Associates, with the request for a full background/dossier
on
Mr. Mark O. Bender.

SUMMARY OF INVESTIGATION

Our office found Mr. Mark Bender's current address is 509 Frost, SATX
78201, to be owned by Ms. Gloria Trevino. There are many rental homes
in this area. Mr. Bender has never owned property. He does not own a
vehicle. He doesn't have a TX Driver's license. He does have a TX
State ID. He has been arrested twice for Assault/Family/Domestic
Violence. Both charges were dismissed. There is a possibility that
the
"Mark Bender" named in the Bexar County Civil case for damages could
be the same Mark Orrin Bender with in this report. The court
documents
would to be ordered at any additional cost to the client.

Custom Comprehensive Report
Date: 07/24/07

Report processed by:
KELMAR AND ASSOCIATES M16489
2553 JACKSON KELLER STE 200
San Antonio, TX 78230
(210) 342-0509 Main Phone
(210) 342-0731 Fax Report Legend:
- Shared Address
- Deceased
- Probable Current Address

Subject Information:
Name: MARK ORRIN BENDER DOB:01/22/1957
SSN: 507-82-xxxx issued in Nebraska between 01/01/1972 and
12/31/1973
Age: 50

Others Associated With Subjects SSN:
(DOES NOT usually indicate any type of fraud or deception)
[None Found]

Comprehensive Report Summary: (Click on Link to see detail)
Names Associated With Subject:
None Found
Others Associated With Subjects SSN:
None Found
Bankruptcies:
None Found
Liens and Judgments:
None Found
UCC Filings:
None Found
People at Work:
None Found
Driver's License:
None Found
Address(es) Found:
1 Verified and 5 Non-Verified Found
Possible Properties Owned:
None Found
Motor Vehicles Registered:
None Found
Watercraft:
None Found
FAA Certifications:
None Found
FAA Aircrafts:
None Found
Possible Criminal Records:
1 Found
Sexual Offenses:
None Found
Professional Licenses:
None Found
Voter Registration:
1 Found
Hunting/Fishing Permit:
None Found
Concealed Weapons Permit:
None Found
Possible Associates:
None Found
Possible Relatives:
1st Degree - None Found
2nd Degree - None Found
3rd Degree - None Found
Neighbors:
1st Neighborhood - 3 Found
2nd Neighborhood - None Found
3rd Neighborhood - 2 Found

Bankruptcies:
[None Found]

Liens and Judgments:
[None Found]

UCC Filings:
[None Found]

People at Work:
[None Found]

Driver's License/State ID Information:

Texas ID Detail:

Name
BENDER,MARK ORRIN License number
20826255 Address
5320 BLANCO #1803 DOB
Jan 22 1957
Class
I City/Zip
SAN ANTONIO 78216 Last transaction date
Apr 9 2003 Last transaction
Original, not permit or MRDL

Above information as provided by state - Our annotations are below
Address (click to find others)
5320 Blanco Rd Apt 1803
City/State/Zip (click to find others)
San Antonio , TX 78216-7052

Address Summary:
509 FROST, SAN ANTONIO TX 78201-3347, BEXAR COUNTY (Nov 2005
-
May 2007)
4210 309 APT B, SAN ANTONIO TX 78201, BEXAR COUNTY (Dec 2002 -
Oct 2003)
4210 FREDERICKSBURG RD APT B309, SAN ANTONIO TX 78201-1912,
BEXAR COUNTY (Jan 1991 - Jan 1999)
5347 BLANCO RD APT B8, SAN ANTONIO TX 78216-7027, BEXAR COUNTY
(Apr 1986 - Dec 1992)
4210 FREDERICKSBURG RD APT B316, SAN ANTONIO TX 78201-1914,
BEXAR COUNTY
7458 LOUIS PASTEUR DR APT 701, SAN ANTONIO TX 78229-4517,
BEXAR
COUNTY

Active Address(es):
MARK O BENDER - 509 FROST, SAN ANTONIO TX 78201-3347, BEXAR
COUNTY (Nov 2005 - May 2007)
Current phones listed at this address:
BENDER MARK (210) 734-3107
TREVINO MICHELLE (210) 736-5743
Property Ownership Information for this Address
Property:
Parcel Number - 08441-026-0240
Lot Number - 24
Owner Name 1 - TREVINO GLORIA C
Address - 509 FROST, SAN ANTONIO TX
78201-3347, BEXAR COUNTY
Owner's Address - 509 FROST, SAN ANTONIO
TX 78201-3347, BEXAR COUNTY
Land Usage - SFR
Total Value - $79,610
Land Value - $13,230
Improvement Value - $66,380
Land Size - 9,000
Year Built - 1926
Homestead Exemption - YES
Exterior Walls - STUCCO
Roof Type - ASPHALT SHINGLE
Air Conditioning - AC.CENTRAL
Heating - FORCED AIR
Sale Price - $0
Legal Description - NCB 8441 BLK 26 LOT
24 & 25 & 26
Data Source - A
Neighborhood Profile (2000 Census)
Average Age: 37
Median Household Income: $38,438
Median Owner Occupied Home Value: $47,100
Average Years of Education: 10

Previous And Non-Verified Address(es):
MARK ORRIN BENDER - 4210 309 APT B, SAN ANTONIO TX 78201,
BEXAR COUNTY (Dec 2002 - Oct 2003)
Neighborhood Profile (2000 Census)
Average Age: 30
Median Household Income: $32,417
Median Owner Occupied Home Value: $50,100
Average Years of Education: 12

MARK O BENDER - 4210 FREDERICKSBURG RD APT B309, SAN ANTONIO
TX 78201-1912, BEXAR COUNTY (Jan 1991 - Jan 1999)
SANTA FE PLACE (210) 735-8767
Neighborhood Profile (2000 Census)
Average Age: 32
Median Household Income: $18,304
Median Owner Occupied Home Value: $91,300
Average Years of Education: 12

MARK O BENDER - 5347 BLANCO RD APT B8, SAN ANTONIO TX
78216-7027, BEXAR COUNTY (Apr 1986 - Dec 1992)
NIMITZ APARTMENTS (210) 341-5285
Neighborhood Profile (2000 Census)
Average Age: 29
Median Household Income: $23,611
Median Owner Occupied Home Value: $65,500
Average Years of Education: 12

MARK O BENDER - 4210 FREDERICKSBURG RD APT B316, SAN ANTONIO
TX 78201-1914, BEXAR COUNTY
SANTA FE PLACE (210) 735-8767
Neighborhood Profile (2000 Census)
Average Age: 32
Median Household Income: $18,304
Median Owner Occupied Home Value: $91,300
Average Years of Education: 12

MARK O BENDER - 7458 LOUIS PASTEUR DR APT 701, SAN ANTONIO TX
78229-4517, BEXAR COUNTY
SAN ANTONIO STATION (210) 614-3679
Neighborhood Profile (2000 Census)
Average Age: 41
Median Household Income: $31,783
Median Owner Occupied Home Value: $111,800
Average Years of Education: 14

Possible Properties Owned by Subject:
[None Found]

Motor Vehicles Registered To Subject:
[None Found]

Possible Criminal Records:
Texas Arrest Report:
Name: MARK BEDNER
SSN: 507-82-xxxx
Address: 5200 BLANCO RD 407, SAN ANTONIO TX 78216-7074
State of Origin: Texas
County of Origin: Bexar
Party Status: REL'D ON P-R BOND
DOB: 01/22/1957
Race: White
Sex: Male
Eyes: BLUE
Height: 5' 06"
Weight: 160

Arrests:
Arrest #1
Case Type:
Arrest Date: 01/25/1987
Arresting Agency:
Arrest Type:
Arrest Disposition Date: 01/25/1987
Court Fine: Offense: ASSAULT-BODILY INJURY
Arrest Statute:
Agency Case #: 366381
Arrest Level/Degree: Class A Misdemeanor
Arrest Disposition: BOOKED

CASE NUMBER 366381 displayed
successfully
Bexar County Criminal Justice Information System
07/24/2007
Texas Case Page
10:46:19

---------------------------------------------------------------------------­----
Court Case Number Defendant Name
Date of
CR7 366381 BEDNER,
MARK Birth

01/22/1957
Offense Description Level Sex:
MALE
02/21/1986 ASSAULT-BODILY INJURY MA Race:
WHITE
Location :
CLOSED
Last Setting: Grand Jury: 05/13/1986
FILED
Case Status: 06/29/1987 *** JN CLOSED
***
Disposition : 06/29/1987 DSMD-INTRST
JUSTCE

Judgement :
Bond: CLS 06/29/1987
1500.00
Start: End: By: BAIL BONDS,
PERSONAL

Defense Attorneys Bar Number Yrs Mo Dy
Hrs
MIKE HERVEY 9546500
Term:

Fine:
Court
Cost:

CASE NUMBER 348742 displayed
successfully
Bexar County Criminal Justice Information System
07/25/2007
Texas Case Page
09:57:05
---------------------------------------------------------------------------­----
Court Case Number Defendant Name
Date of
CR7 348742 BEDNER, MARK
Birth

01/22/1957
Offense Description

mdp

Terry said:
They are not cable select. I can say that positively. A cable select
cable is color coded. It has one blue one black and one gray
connector.

The computer hangs after reporting what is on the ide cables.

It reports a primary hard drive on the ide port one and it reports a
cd player and a dvd player on ide cable 2.

Then the computer just hangs.

I have tried unplugging the hard drive from the motherboard and
booting from an XP disk in the CD player. It hangs

I have tried unplugging the CD cable and booting from the hard drive
but it also hangs.

I don't suspect the jumpers have been moved. I wanted someone to
confirm this by saying.....if the bios reports each device at boot
then you can be sure the jumpers are correct.

While some Cable Select might be color coded, Cable Select is a setting on
the drive, not the cable. Yes, it can be jumpered incorrectly and still
correctly report the drive. WD is finicky about single vs. dual master and
will hang unless jumpered correctly. All devices on the IDE cable need to
be checked, not just hard drives.

John Doe

Martin Markoe (of eMicrophones, Inc) harasses, stalks, and violates
the privacy of innocent people who have nothing to do with
eMicrophones Inc's malicious practices. Besides being known as a
spammer, by itself Martin Markoe's willingness to push microphones
on disabled users (whose problems usually have nothing to do with a
microphone) provides insight into Martin Markoe's malicious
character.

Anyone can express his (or her) opinion here on USENET, but
advertising is not allowed except in groups specifically labeled for
selling things like *forsale* and *marketplace*.

Following are a few quotes to help illustrate the annoyance and
frustration spam from Martin Markoe (of eMicrophones, Inc) can cause
for users seeking help in the speech users group and why advertising
is prohibited on USENET with explicitly labeled exceptions.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.speech.users/msg/3becc9fa6c340ffc?

You are not a technologist. You sell microphones.

Marty, how come whenever someone disagrees with you, you get into this
high school urinating contest mode? Actually I can't find your
credentials anywhere either, except as a guy selling something.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.speech.users/msg/473a2b3f9dd6a0f0?

Man you really are full of yourself! Just leave me alone. I asked you
a question. Silly me, I wanted to know what I was buying before I
bought it. How absurd! I then get email after email after email from
you telling me that you won't answer my question and trying to justify
it. Lets cut the crap. You won't answer my question. I won't buy from
you. So now go away and let me get USEFUL information from someone who
will be honest with me instead of evasive, devisive and insulting!

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.speech.users/msg/d256b8b7563712e9?

More importantly I am not here touting my business. A position which
makes anything you say suspect, doesn't it.

I have been watching this group for a long time and you have managed
to turn it into the eMicrophones, Inc. mail list. Almost no one with
expertise posts here any longer.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.speech.users/msg/6014c0e38032578f?

Is anyone else beyond annoyed with the two pathetically desperate
"small business owners" that have driven this group into the ground?

I subscribed 6 months ago hoping to learn something about the
"state-of-the-art" in voice recognition from the user's perspective.

All I've managed to learn is that most users are apparently being
ripped off by over-charging slimy weaseloid microphone hawkers.

Martin Markoe and Mr. "speaktoyourpc.com", I beg you to consider the
number of potential customers you're pissing off before you further
demonstrate your witlessness by posting again. Your childish
King-of-the-Group games should've stopped a loooong time ago.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.speech.users/msg/3b57c2d47a1d5994?

Well said...Refreshing.

[That in response to the prior message.]

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.speech.users/msg/ce73180162c1d199?

.... dealing with you on the newsgroups is not an easy thing and most
always turns into some type of flaming war.

.... you do get into fights with many regarding microphones and you do
wave your website around more often than necessary and you don't
always tell the truth about competitive products.

I didn't respond because I simply did not want to get into another
fight which is the reason my posts have been very light in the last
few months.

Here are my qualifications. Certified and trained for Philips
SpeechMagic, IBM ViaVoice, IBM Medspeak, Kurzweil VoiceMed, Dragon
NaturallySpeaking Enterprise & L&H VoiceXpress... So please, don't
call me a "Charlatan" because it is simply not true.

And believe me when I tell you that some users actually get better
recognition from $20 headsets than with $100 headsets.

I see vendors posting all the time and as long as you are not a member
of the newsgroup, there aren't constant one-up battles.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.speech.users/msg/ba6cc5fd879272fd?

After getting caught with his pants down regarding his so called
privacy policy, Martin continues to make a complete ass out of
himself.

With this pattern of behaviour, the next step is usually
stalking--email stalking (... to menacingly spread deceit)

[Martin Markoe does that.]

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.speech.users/msg/84f362b69d93a460?

.... you don't see the authors in all the newsgroups in a constant
battle. Only with you Marty.

I have seen posts from you that link to as many as 8 direct links to
your website (all in one post) and your signatures fall within 5 or 10
lines long. In my book, that's called SPAMMING.

.... about 2 weeks ago, you claimed to have sold thousands of GN MPA
Satellites. I know for a fact that is not true.

Guess what Marty.... I have a life. I don't have time to live on the
newsgroups as you do.

This is the 2nd time you have mentioned me being moderated on user
groups. Last time, you apologized about confusing me with someone
else. YOU ARE OUT OF CONTROL MARTY MARKOE.

Marty, your constant abuse on these newsgroups... must come to an end.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.speech.users/msg/5585a5e972b1cc1c?

I give up. I've dealt with delusional people like you before, and it
leads to nowhere... you continue attacking people who are FAR more
experienced and qualified than you, not to mention professional.

See also:
"Martin Markoe" <martin emicrophones.com>
.... <martin speechcontrol.com>
.... <mmarkoe optonline.net>
"Michael Mendick" <michael emicrophones.com>
billyrichbroker yahoo.com

From: "mmarkoe optonline.net" <mmarkoe optonline.net>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Subject: John Doe - Criminal and Spammer
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 15:39:33 -0800

<snipped eMicrophones Inc violating the privacy of people
who have nothing to do with Martin Markoe's malicious practices>