Hard disk slow down problem

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
Hard disk slow down problem!!!

I now have two hard disks in my system, one SATA 160 GB as the main OS one, and the other is an old Quantum Fireball 3GB IDE drive as my personal drive. I have noticed a mass slow down on system loading and applications on the main SATA drive since I added the Quantum drive. Any suggestions why?

Last edited:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
well now, having nothing but trouble, arnt we?
You said the quantum drive is old, well personally never heard of em. But chances are good that its the reason your system is kneeling over. drop it, its only 3 GB. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
3GB IDE??? Pointless....Loose it.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
:D :D :D
he has a point, there are loads of pen drives with more space and chances are they're cheaper

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
£15.69!!! :eek:
Ripoff!!!
Besides, I don't like USB drives, you have to plug them in and it therefore wastes a USB port. I like hard disks, because I find them more convienient.

Last edited:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
well, how many usb ports do ya need?
and how many do you have?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
£15.69!!! :eek:
Ripoff!!!
Besides, I don't like USB drives, you have to plug them in and it therefore wastes a USB port. I like hard disks, because I find them more convienient.
Ok then hows this, 20x more storage for less than £30...

80GB Maxtor SATA drive.

Replace that stupid 3gb drive with this and your good to go.

No USB required!
laughingsmiley.gif

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
Okays, I just got a 1TB samsung of Scan.co.uk. Can anyone tell me how to get my stuff from the 3GB IDE to the Samsung 1TB Sata2 hard disk?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just plug both drives in and copy stuff over the same as before :) You should have 2 onboard SATA sockets, so just add the new drive to that, and leave the 3GB on IDE until you have copied the files over :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
Okays, I just got a 1TB samsung of Scan.co.uk. Can anyone tell me how to get my stuff from the 3GB IDE to the Samsung 1TB Sata2 hard disk?
Do Samsung make 1TB drives?
Do you not think 1TB is a little ott?

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
I've cut and pasted everything from my 3 GB to my 1 TB network drive, but noe that there's nothing on the Quantum, the PC is still running slow.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd think so :) Although if you have a 1TB drive an extra 3GB won't make a difference ;)

Ask a Question