Happy Birthday Floppybootstomp

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
One day I am going to have to check this Cutty Sark place out, it is becoming a Legend now ;)

Glad you had a good Birthday :D

Ian: I think you should sort out the meeting you've been on about for agaes for all PCR staff (and for members who care to attend), so that every one can meet up for a day out.

Set a date for this summer, contact the cutty sark and let them know a few peeps will be attending for the day so can they make provisions (buffet or something), and every one can turn up all day long to take over the now legendary cutty sark for the day.

:) ;) :)

Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Also (i am not being rude when i say this) but you must be the oldest regular fps player i know, who greets the next new game with as much gusto as a 16 year old...keep it up mate..I've just turned 38 and i thought i was young at heart and was doing well still playing the latest games and listening to some of todays quality music but you beat me hands down....;)

Needs more senior people like us methinks....

LOL I totally agree with you there crazylegs :)

YOUTH = SPECIAL!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks Crazylegs, I think that's a compliment, lol ;)

My daughters really think I'm quite odd as well :eek:

It's quite funny sometimes when playing COD online and somebody asks how old everybody is, I'm not sure all them youngsters apreciate getting whupped by a 54-year-old :D

But sometimes I just say I'm 12, hehe....

I still go to Gigs, saw Cake at The Astoria coupla months ago. Didn't even bother trying for Glastonbury tickets this year though, too much hassle. Instead, having a week in Tenerife and am trying to find out about some Spanish music festival that is supposeed to take place south of Barcelona, on a beach, in August.

If that thing exists and happens, I'm up for some.

The Cutty Sark ain't nothing special, it's just a local pub, and they serve food most every hour of the day. A litlle expensive but quite reasonable and the food they serve is good. Jacket potato with prawns and salad is four quid, for example.

Not sure if this will work, these pix are in a photo gallery at another forum, but if these come out, here's a few random pix from the Cutty Sark taken last Sunday. They nothing special, I just happened to have my camera with me.

If they do work, click on the thumbnail to see a bigger picture (and no, I'm not in any of them).

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
It's quite funny sometimes when playing COD online and somebody asks how old everybody is, I'm not sure all them youngsters apreciate getting whupped by a 54-year-old :D

But sometimes I just say I'm 12,

HA HA HA That is a classic....:D I'm sure there are a lot of people on these game servers who don't give there particular age away mate..i'm one of em..

Ahhhhh ye olde Cutty Sark eh, so you've sunk a few pints in there over the years....Is that the dreaded Dome in the background i see, whats happening with that now is it gonna be used again ever..

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Ahhhhh ye olde Cutty Sark eh, so you've sunk a few pints in there over the years....Is that the dreaded Dome in the background i see, whats happening with that now is it gonna be used again ever..

Yep, that's the Dome. I went there two days before closing in 2000 with my eldest, it was a good day, worth visiting.

IMO they should have kept it open a few more years, maybe then it would have paid for itself.

The rumours about corruption in building it with awards given to certain 'local' contractors are quite disturbing.

Whatever, it's there now, for good or for bad.

Last I heard, somebody had taken it over (at last) and it will be used for sports and music concerts, though I couldn't definitely confirm that.

We did hear Paul McCartney practising there just before Glastonbury last year, noisy bugger :D

Ask a Question