Hampshire Traffic Cops

Reaction score
Traffic Cops – BBC1 8pm Tonight - Thusday 23rd August
Arresting car criminals or drivers on drugs, taking care of drunk pedestrians or fatal accidents - it's all in a hard day's work for the men and women of Hampshire's road traffic unit.

Just in case anyone is looking for a career in the Police & in the Traffic Department?

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Hello

Chris Chris are you reading this m8

By feckit
Traffic Cops – BBC1 8pm Tonight - Thusday 23rd August
Arresting car criminals or drivers on drugs, taking care of drunk pedestrians or fatal accidents - it's all in a hard day's work for the men and women of Hampshire's road traffic unit.

Just in case anyone is looking for a career in the Police & in the Traffic Department?

happywave.gif

p.s Mr Postill why is your avatar looking like some rogue in prison ??

Reaction score
Thanks Guys!!

I am working 6:30 to 10:30 tonight

However

The joy of sky plus means i will watch it tomorrow morning :)

P.s. Traffic Cops is one of my favourite shows :)

p.p.s...Thats what the Photo-Me booth in Tesco did to me :)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
What were you doing in Tesco ???? spying on the enemy and compiling secret info on their corporate strategy or were you just buying milk for your cornflakes???

Reaction score
On the subject of the Hampshire traffic cops...

They have a base at my local police station - so i asked to go out with them on attachment and got a phone call this afternoon saying be there at 6am you're on the morning shift :)

Hopefully will be out in a Volvo V70 T5 but they also have a fleet of unmarked Octavia VRS's which look fun!

Can't wait.

Reaction score
Postill you are a pork chop!!!!

interesting
I didn't know this

I shall from now on be very careful about what I type about on this site
never know might get a visit from the old bill :)

Reaction score
I am not a pork chop PSD!

I'm in the application process for the specials - if i DO get in to this then i will have the power of arrest in Cambridgeshire and surrounding counties only... so you are probably safe.

I'm going out with them to get lots of experience into the way the different units go about their business. Trafic has always absolutley fascinated me - i hate muppets on the road :)

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
i hate muppets on the road :)
The 17-25 age group have the most accidents on the highway!

I opted for advance driver training a few years ago, best thing i ever did, taught me a lot.
A good book to buy is Roadcraft

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
I am not a pork chop PSD!

I'm in the application process for the specials - if i DO get in to this then i will have the power of arrest in Cambridgeshire and surrounding counties only... so you are probably safe.

I'm going out with them to get lots of experience into the way the different units go about their business. Trafic has always absolutley fascinated me - i hate muppets on the road :)

I hope you are not under a misconception
pork chop = cop

If I became a member of the force
I don't think my family and friends would appreciate it!!

I agree with you I hate silly drivers on the road.
I regard road rage as a potiental problem in today's society.

Reaction score
feckit said:

I opted for advance driver training a few years ago, best thing i ever did, taught me a lot.
A good book to buy is Roadcraft

Bought and read that one cover to cover over a year ago, and again recently :)

Also been out on an advanced driving session with a highly qualified tracffic officer (with me driving) then another two with a couple more driving high powered cars giving me a commentary as to what they were doing. Learn so much, like using the entire road not just your side to aid visibility when there is no oncoming traffic, little things like that.

Skid control is always a good one to practice when there are no cars about ;) Roadcraft has a good section on that

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
feckit said:

A differen't approach...

Yesturday, on the way home John called out... "That's her!" As a police car drove past.
You only need to say... "That blonde woman cop..." To any male in the city & they know exactly who you're talking about!

I remember, a couple of years ago, when John first told me about her.
He had just gotten the only speeding ticket he's ever had & he burst into the house grining to tell me all about it.
How he got pulled over by this gorgeous lady cop.
Small, blonde, petite,
Face like an angel, lovely voice, & nice!

"Hello..." (I think this was where the drooling started & the brain stopped functioning!)
"Ummm... Hello..."
"Did you know you were speeding back there?"
"Ummmm.... yes..."
"Do you have an excuse?" (don't forget the lovely voice & the angelic smile)
"Ummmm... no... The music... & I was feeling so happy... &..." (The last brain cells are long gone by now)
"Yes, it is nice music... I'm afraid I'm going to have to write you a ticket you know?"
"Ummmm yes..." (Vague memories of some female person he lives with... what was her name again... conflicting with the urge to ask for her telephone number)
"Now... you won't do it again will you?"
"No officer..." (head shaking slowly, few remaining brain cells would quite happily give her the entire car, his firstborn child, & deeds to everything he owns if she asked for it.)
"Ok, goodbye.) (a final smile destroying all evidence of peripheral motor control)

& she's gone.
Eventually some vague form of motor control & brain function return. Enough to enable him to drive home & eagerly tell everyone he knows all about the experience :nod:
He was one of the first to get pulled over by her... but it wasn't long before every male in the city knew her or of her.
Our council has lately tried all sorts of punitive measures to stop 'boy-racers' in this past year. p*ssing off a lot of people & having no effect on the racers themselves.
Now... if they imported about a dozen of her, then I gaurantee that within a month every boy-racer in town would've quite happily lost their licence & the impound lot would be overflowing! :nod:

I know that getting pulled over by her is still one of John's fondest memories & one which he can describe at great length at the slightest prompting :nod:
& it's always her niceness that gets them.
her beauty might hit the crotch,
but it's the niceness that wipes out the brain... :lol:

A few more like her & they wouldn't have a problem!

Last edited:
Reaction score
feckit said:
Chris, if you want real fun go on a skid pan in a 11 ton lorry!

Well ive just been round corners in a T5 sidways in the wet.

One of the best moments of my life.

The guy i was with is a phenomenal bloke and an immense driver. Legend.

Reaction score
Glad your enjoying it Chris, but remember it's not all about high speed chases.
A lot of Police work is mundane & boring and sometimes dangerous!

Blimey i'm starting to sound like an old git:p

Ask a Question