Half Life Two: Episode Two

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Been meaning to post about this, forgot all about it! :eek:

Just downloading via Steam now, i was going to pre load it but you could only get the 'Orange Box' which is HL2 Ep 1 + 2, (Which i got anyway) Portal and Team Fortress Two. Which tbh i didn't really want anyway, just the Ep 2 is good, may get TF2 later as its getting good feedback.

Links
http://orange.half-life2.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-Life_2:_Episode_Two
http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=game&AppId=420&cc=GB

System Requirements..

Minimum:
1.7 GHz Processor,
512MB RAM,
DirectX 8 level Graphics Card,
Windows Vista/XP/2000,
Mouse, Keyboard,
Internet Connection

Recommended:
Pentium 4 processor (3.0GHz, or better),
1GB RAM,
DirectX® 9 level Graphics Card,
Windows® Vista/XP/2000,
Mouse, Keyboard,
Internet Connection

(vague i know but that straight off the steam product page...)

Will post some screenshots tomorrow, let ya know how it is. :)

So anyone else got this yet?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for reminding me about this, I might go for it tonight :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hmm, for $49.99 - which would translate to about £25.00 to £30.00 if paying by Credit card - I'd get Half Life 2 Episode Two; Portal and Team Fortress Two.

I already have Half Life Two and Half Life Two Episode One but if I bought the three I haven't got seperately they work out at more money :eek:

Could I safely sell my cased DVD's of HL2 & HL2EP1 then? Cos I'm regsitered with Steam and they have serial numbers.

If somebody else bought and tried to use my old games, would Steam allow it?

That is the question... ;)

For the money, must admit I'm tempted.

However, I still haven't finished Bioshock, loaded up STALKER last night, still playing Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion, not to mention Civ 4 and always CoD 2 and CoD 1 online.

Maybe I wait a bit.

Reaction score
Frankly its a rip off. They have packed Fortress and the other one to try justify the game being so small.

People will complain saying games was over too quickly boooo but their comeback will be "well we packaged it with two more games"

Im not sure i'll be getting this. I dont have any interest in the other two games and if this is how they justify such a high price for an add-on pack they have lost my business. I'll just borrow it off a friend when they have completed it!

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Could I safely sell my cased DVD's of HL2 & HL2EP1 then? Cos I'm regsitered with Steam and they have serial numbers.

If somebody else bought and tried to use my old games, would Steam allow it?

That is the question... ;)

Unfourtunatly, no Floppy ;). Once you've used the serial key - thats it, it can only be used to the account you've 'unlocked' it to.

combatin' piracy and all, see? :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Hmm, for $49.99 - which would translate to about £25.00 to £30.00 if paying by Credit card - I'd get Half Life 2 Episode Two; Portal and Team Fortress Two.

I already have Half Life Two and Half Life Two Episode One but if I bought the three I haven't got seperately they work out at more money :eek:

....Snip....
You can buy it on its own ($29.95), i did. Got it from steam, But you cant buy the retail box until the 19th October.

michael 118 said:
Unfourtunatly, no Floppy. ;) Once you've used the serial key - thats it, it can only be used to the account you've 'unlocked' it to.
combatin' piracy and all, see?:D
Sorry, Wrong...

What are Orange Box gifts?
Orange Box gifts are allocated to users who own either 'Half-Life 2' and 'Half-Life 2: Episode One' and then go on to purchase The Orange Box, which includes these two games. An Orange Box gift allows users to give either or both 'Half-Life 2' and 'Half-Life 2: Episode One' to a friend who does not already own the game. An Orange Box gift is an easy way to let your friends enjoy 'Half-Life 2' and 'Half-Life 2: Episode One' for free.
http://support.steampowered.com/cgi...SZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PTc1MA**&p_li=&p_topview=1

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've just bought the $30 version myself, and it's downloading now. Very slowly though (40k/s - I can't imagine thinking that a few years ago!).

Reaction score
V_R said:
You can buy it on its own ($29.95), i did. Got it from steam, But you cant buy the retail box until the 19th October.

Sorry, Wrong...

http://support.steampowered.com/cgi...SZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PTc1MA**&p_li=&p_topview=1

ah but thats a special gift offer isn't it? Steam do those tickets as well, where you can trial a full game for a weekend.

other than that, once you've used the serial key in the boxed game to your account, you won't be able to have that game on a different steam account.. if you see what I mean :D.

There was a big fuss about this when steam first came out, if you can remember...

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
michael 118 said:
ah but thats a special gift offer isn't it? Steam do those tickets as well, where you can trial a full game for a weekend.

other than that, once you've used the serial key in the boxed game to your account, you won't be able to have that game on a different steam account.. if you see what I mean :D.

There was a big fuss about this when steam first came out, if you can remember...
No, its you sending the key to someone else. Weather any money changes hands is up to you. Look on Ebay. Nothing to do with 'trialing' the game.... Once they have accepted your gift they download the game from steam. Its removed from your account and registered on their account.

Reaction score
V_R said:
No, its you sending the key to someone else. Weather any money changes hands is up to you. Look on Ebay. Nothing to do with 'trialing' the game.... Once they have accepted your gift they download the game from steam. Its removed from your account and registered on their account.

ah i see, you mean the hl2 and hl2 ep 1 thing...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just out of interest, HMV are doing The Orange Box for twenty five quid with free delivery, but it ain't released in hardcopy format for another week.

I think I may very well go for that version.

El Linko

If somebody else can use my old HL2 & HL2EP1 cased DVD's then I reckon I should get a tenner for them on E-Bay :)

Which does make the deal a little more attractive.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Some screenshots, only a few so not to spoil the story. ;)

Full detail, 16xAA and AF @ 1680x1050.

1192211467.jpg

1192211556.jpg

1192211649.jpg

1192211579.jpg

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've got it downloaded now, but I can't play it until Monday :( Arg!

I'm really looking forward to it after seeing those screen shots, it brings back memories :)

What do you think of it so far?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So far its good, got the half life feel and usual cool story. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Just finished this. OMFG at the ending!!!! I'll say no more. :D

Ask a Question