GTA4 Thinks its a pirate!

Reaction score
Hey Guys

I've installed a fresh copy of GTA4 on my PC. The machine is over-spec, is running SP3, and everything else. The game runs fine, but the anti-piracy stuff kicks in after a couple of minutes (camera shake, car acceleration).

It's a legit copy obviously, was sealed when I got it and I haven't changed the machine since installing.

This happened to anyone else, and any idea why it thinks I've got a pirate copy?

Thanks for any comments!

Jock

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Never heard of that one before.

I'm running the game ok on a Vista machine.

Have you tried contacting Rockstar with the problem?

Worth a shot but you'll be lucky to get a response, they have never replied to any questions I've sent them.

Failing that return the game and ask for an exchange copy, though it's likely the current game has changed your registry to say you have a pirate copy.

Don't have an answer I'm afraid, but good luck.

Reaction score
That's what I'm going to do... And you're right about Rockstar, no reply yet. Is it possible that someone else mis-entered their activation code and entered the one on my game, so the machine thinks I'm trying to install it on another machine?

Fortunately, I think I've got a restore point so I can go back to before the original install.

Jock

Ask a Question