"Green bar" look

Tom K

From time to time I have seen examples of Excel spreadsheets where the
sheets have alternating rows of color--like the green bar paper we used to
use in the old days. Since this kind of faint row coloring would be helpful
when dealing with many rows of data, I wonder if anyone knows of an easy way
to do this other than using format painter to "build up" a sheet with enough
colored rows?

Jim Cone

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm
has an excellent tutorial.
-or-
the free Excel add-in "Shade Data Rows" will shade by cell
value or by every nth row. Download from...
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Tom K" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
From time to time I have seen examples of Excel spreadsheets where the
sheets have alternating rows of color--like the green bar paper we used to
use in the old days. Since this kind of faint row coloring would be helpful
when dealing with many rows of data, I wonder if anyone knows of an easy way
to do this other than using format painter to "build up" a sheet with enough
colored rows?

Tom K

Jim:

Many thanks! The second option will do just what I need.
Appreciate the quick help.

Tom