GPO that disables XP Firewall

I have an Windows 2000 domain with XP (SP2) clients.
How can i disable the firewall in xp with an group policy?
Is there any adm file for that?

Best regards

Thx Jerold.
But that is not my problem.
In Windows 2000 there is no gpo for this.
There are no entry`s below Computer Configuration / Administrative Templates
/ Network.

I need a GPO setting for WINDOWS 2000 e.g. a adm template to deploy this via
gpo throught the domain.

Mark Heitbrink [MVP]

Rex said:
I need a GPO setting for WINDOWS 2000 e.g. a adm template to deploy this via
gpo throught the domain.

Install GPMC on a XP edit the GPO from this workstation, thats all you
need to do. ADM are updated autoamtically and all the settings are
integrated.

Mark

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello Rex,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, I suggest you refer to the following article to deploy the
Windows Firewall in Windows 2000 domain. That describes how to configure
Windows Firewall settings in an organization network is to use Active
Directory and the new Windows Firewall settings in Computer Configuration
Group Policy. This method requires the use of Active Directory with either
Windows 2000 or Windows Server 2003 domain controllers.
Deploying Windows Firewall Settings for Microsoft Windows XP with Service
Pack 2
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4454e0e1-61fa-447a
-bdcd-499f73a637d1&DisplayLang=en>

In addition, I also provide you with the additional information for your
reference. You may use the following information to disable Windows
Firewall in Windows 2000 domain.

Use a registry editor to add the following entries:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsFirewall\DomainProfile

\EnableFirewall=0 (DWORD data type)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsFirewall\StandardProfi
le
\EnableFirewall=0 (DWORD data type)

The registry settings are documented in the "Deploying Windows Firewall
Settings for Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2" doc at
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4454e0e1-61fa-447a
-bdcd-499f73a637d1&DisplayLang=en> on page 16

As far as I know, you may run the following command to disable Windows
Firewall. Also you may create a batch file that contains the following
command and deploy the batch file as a logon script to disable Windows
Firewall on all Windows XP domain clients.
Command line:
netsh firewall set opmode mode=disable

Hope the information helps!

Thanks & Regards,