Got my letter printed in Custom PC

Reaction score
After perusing an issue of my favourite PC magazine - CustomPC - I noticed that 'reader of the month' winners always get a free gig of Corsair low latency RAM. Now, I've been salivating over this RAM for a while now, so I took to the desk and wrote the best damn letter I could on some random subject I vaguely give a toss about. This month I checked the new issue in the newsagents and, low and behold, I got my letter printed...but, NOT letter of the month! The bast*rds! Do they not know literary genius when it attaches itself to an Email and lands in their frickin' inbox?!

Has anybody else ever had any letters printed or won anything interesting in a magazine?

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Nice one Tom :) I've had a letter printed in PC Format in 1998, but thats about it - ironically it was about my little website at the time :D

Might be worth trying again for that ram!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Had a letter printed in micromart magazine about a year and a half ago, didn't win anything though just nice seeing my name in print....:D

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Congrats Tom :)

One letter, New Musical Express, myself :)

Aah, well done! NME is a damn cool magazine to get your letter printed in. It especially would have been cool 10+ years ago when its sales were mega and it was a bit more respected - Did you know that Kerrang now outsells NME?! I guess its probably partly Rolling stone and Mojo that are making that happen... but still, so many people are going *Bling* rather than Indie at the moment. The idiots!