Google/YouTube Videos adversely affected my learning habits

Reaction score
Google/YouTube Videos adversely affected my learning habits .
I am more a cut-and-paste Programmer than a professional developer. But still my 20-30 years experience as a developer does count !. I mean, if your programming basics are strong you can save alot of time and coding efforts using google/YouTube.

Any word of advice/comments will be highly appreciated.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I use things like StackExchange, Youtube, etc... all the time to learn how to do things. If it's something where I know it'll be useful in future, I try to learn how to do it from the ground up - but if it's something that's a one off, I'll generally just watch a simple tutorial video to get my head around it.

There are so many repairs to appliances that I've made thanks to YouTube videos! Just this week I fixed my tumble drier, as it was cutting out too early - thanks to YouTube it was an easy repair :).

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
There are so many repairs to appliances that I've made thanks to YouTube videos!
Couldn't agree more. I've done all sorts of repairs and jobs over the years by watching You Tube. It's one area where You Tube really comes into its own. :thumb:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I am more a cut-and-paste Programmer than a professional developer
I thnk with the advent of Myspace way back in 2003 it opened a new door for cut & paste developers. I myself learned a lot about web development via what you could do with Myspace.

Ask a Question