Google Stadia

News Google Stadia

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ian submitted a new resource:

Google Stadia - Google to launch a new streaming gaming service

Google have announced that they are to join the growing market of game streaming companies with their new Stadia product. This has been anticipated for some time, but now we finally have a handful of details on their launch. They promise support for 60FPS, 4K, HDR gaming (assuming your internet connection is up to the job) - something surpassing the capability of most consoles.

Stadia works by running games in a remote datacentre...

Read more about this resource...

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
I'm a big Microsoft fan so I'm betting that their offering will be better. Plus they already got the XBOX community, but then again, Google has most of the smartphone market. This competition is gonna be brutal and expensive. :dance:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I played some streamed games last weekend when our niece visited, as Fortnight is free to play on the Shield TV. I have to admit, on a fast connection it would be very playable. Input lag was perfectly acceptable during in this casual FPS, but our ~18Mbps connection couldn't cope with a high-resolution stream.

Ask a Question