Google Outlook Add-in

hash

Hello

I use Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate.

I installed Google Desktop Search Outlook Addin. I then did System Restore
as I did not want Google Desktop.

Now everytime I open Outlook I get the following message :
' The Add-in "Google Desktop Search Outlook Addin" (C:\Program
Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopOffice.dll) cannot be loaded
and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in manufacturer
for an update. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in.

I don't know how to uninstall the Add-in. I'll be grtateful for any
assistance. Thank you.

Regards
hash

F. H. Muffman

hash said:
Hello

I use Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate.

I installed Google Desktop Search Outlook Addin. I then did System
Restore as I did not want Google Desktop.

Now everytime I open Outlook I get the following message :
' The Add-in "Google Desktop Search Outlook Addin" (C:\Program
Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopOffice.dll) cannot be
loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in
manufacturer for an update. If no update is available, please uninstall
the Add-in.

I don't know how to uninstall the Add-in. I'll be grtateful for any
assistance. Thank you.

Tools - Trust Center - Add-Ins, at the bottom of the dialog, ensure COM
Add-ins is selected and click Go. Find the Google add-in in the list, click
it and hit Remove.

Christian Goeller

hash, you wrote on Tue, 21 Aug 2007 00:05:00 +0100:
Now everytime I open Outlook I get the following message :
' The Add-in "Google Desktop Search Outlook Addin" (C:\Program
Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopOffice.dll) cannot be loaded
and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in manufacturer
for an update. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in.

Search for the file "extend.dat" and delete it. This file is usually
stored in

C:\Documentes and Settings\%Username%\Local Settings\Application
Datas\Microsoft\Outlook

Joined
Sep 17, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I've tried both of these solutions and neither one has worked?

I'm havingthe same issue...that annoying message everytime I open my outlook.

I've tried both solutions but it's still occuring...please help! :)

Thank you!

Joined
Jan 12, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Fix one, got another!

Christian,
Tried your suggestion & finally got rid of the "Add-In" message; however, now I am getting a message "The messaging interface as returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook" whenever I try to delete anything from my Delete File. Of course, restarting Outlook resolves nothing.

Any suggestions?? I really need to empty my Delete File, and I am stumped!

Joined
Mar 21, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I corrected the original problem using Muffman's instructions, except that instead of selecting COM Add-ins, I selected (from the dropdown) Exchange Client Extensions, then unchecked the Google Desktop Search entry and saved it. No problems since.

Joined
Apr 23, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I too took the Muffman route but no success. Tried the variation posted by pastol and all seems fine now. Thanks.

Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I had been looking for a solution to this problem for a while. I joined this site and have found the help I needed I tried Muffman's instruction and unfortunately it did not work, but I read the rest of the postings and found Pastol's posting and this worked. Thanks

Joined
Jul 22, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
If you are using Exchange then :

Within Outlook, click TOOLS, Trust Center, Add Ins then at the bottom of the screen, click Manage: Exchange Client Extension and uncheck the offending add in.
Good Luck

Joined
Aug 14, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
outlook addin problem

Your suggestion was right on! It solved my problem with the google search addin in my outlook 2007.
Thanks...gpellis

Joined
Feb 21, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Thank you thank you thank you

I too have been struggling with the Google Desktop search outlook error for months. Your suggestion to use tools:trust center:addins:Manage exchange server worked so slick i had to wonder why nobody else seemed to know about it. (although i can imagine as with all things microsoft that there are as many variations to the problem as there are microsoft programmers!) SOHO Computers ..... thank you!

Joined
Jan 17, 2012
Messages
1