google mail --> gmail want a gmail account then reply to this topic

for those wh have got a gmail account: How do u find gmail?

• exellent

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • good

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • ok

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • worse

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I just thought how many of u know about google mail. For those who don't know about gmail or don't have any account there, i recommend to read this post :d

--< http://www.gmail.com

imformataion:
< 2.5 giga space and is increasing
only one banner and no pop up or something like that.
good new funtions
ver good filters
alsmost no spams(am regisatered there for 1.5years and have got 3 spams. really)
and much more!!

the only thing is u can't register there. U must be invited by someone.
And as this Forum helped me many time out of my problems, i offer to thoso, who want a gmail, a gmail account.

Just reply this topic. write your name and ur email adress(to this i will send you your invitaion)!!

bye

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
please ... do not post email addresses on the forum

Thanks, and your heart is in the right place ... but we don't encourage people post their email addresses, there are bot that harvest email addies off forums and you end up with a crap load of spam ... PM you is safe.

Most of us here already have a Gmail account, and some of us still have 50 to give away ;) but it was a few months now since we did it another "free offer" won't go amiss.

:thumb:

Reaction score
jep i have 100 invites!!
got there two accounta!
1. account 100invites :D
2. account 60invites :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
secret said:
jep i have 100 invites!!
got there two accounta!
1. account 100invites :D
2. account 60invites :D

... and I have four accounts. :blush:

Now why don't Gmail just open it up for anybody? :rolleyes:

Reaction score
how did the first person get gmail then lol :D

i think its stupid someone has to invite u ... whats up wth that ?!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I had 50 till a week ago and after entertaining 3 requests went down to 47, yesterday I noticed the counter at 100.

Reaction score
cooool lol ... i wonder how many days it took before it went worldwide

Reaction score
not much i can answer.

But just in the last few months, the nummber of gmail accounts is just rissing!!(89° angle).

At the beginning, i had no problem to find a name, which wi wanted, but now, it is like with every other mail-provider(yahoo, gmx, ...) u must try and try to find a good nickname!!

Reaction score
i have over 100 invites!!! and have already invited numerous techies to join the elite email of email.

Reaction score
Please can someone send me a Gmail invite

Thanks

name:yorkie
email: (edited by mucks ... for your security)

Reaction score
Hi, how do I recieve an Invite with out posting my email address on the thread?

Yorkie.

muckshifter

Reaction score
yorkie said:
Hi, how do I recieve an Invite with out posting my email address on the thread?

Yorkie.
By becoming an active member of PCReview ... we don't issue gmail invites to 1 post wonders.

;)

Reaction score
One post wonder, thats a bit harsh. I,ve only just joined the forum and that's the type of reply you give newbies. I was just interested in what I would need to do to get an invite that's all.

muckshifter

Reaction score
yorkie said:
One post wonder, thats a bit harsh. I,ve only just joined the forum and that's the type of reply you give newbies. I was just interested in what I would need to do to get an invite that's all.
Not really, we've had 'em before ... and I don't give a

;)

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Found it really useful.

Does anyone know if GoogleMail blocks any kind of attachment?

I know some ISP's try to be helpful by blocking .exe etc, but there are times I really do want the damn thing! I know I could just try it and see, but I thought I would ask any way;)

Reaction score
G~MAN said:
how did the first person get gmail then lol :D i think its stupid someone has to invite u ... whats up wth that ?!
In the very beginning, without any public announcement, google sent out only a few thousand gmail invitations to their friends, customers, partners, select developers, famous tech-heads, and writers of widely-read ezines. Once you got your gmail set up, you discovered that its features included a gig of storage and a google-like search to use to find messages. The schtick was "Never delete another email!" Back then, Yahoo, Hotmail, and the like provided only a fraction of such a huge amount of space. The privileged few were way impressed with themselves because they were chosen to be a part of such revolutionary, cool technology, with such wildly advanced features. Of course, they bragged to their friends and colleagues. Then the phenomenon happened.

Talk about gmail spread like a raging, unchecked wildfire and engulfed the web in about two days. To have a gmail account instantly became a geek status-symbol, since it indicated to your peers that you were somehow a "cool insider". Everybody wanted a gmail account in order to feel part of the cool tech-crowd, and to feel that they were worthy of such inclusion. The first accounts provided you with only three invitations to send to your friends, so there were, back then, about one hundred thousand accounts available, and about seven billion people who wanted one.

Widespread panic set in as all of the I'm-an-important-tech-industry-cool-guy wannabes realized that they were going to be the last kid on the block with no gmail. Predictably, entrepreneurs instantly began selling gmail accounts on ebay for seventy-five dollars each; the price quickly went down to one dollar. That's how I got mine. As time passed, you would suddenly notice that your invitation allotment had increased to ten or twenty (now one hundred), apparently as a function of how long you have had your account or how much you used it.

It's a great service and no longer requires a secret handshake to have.

VB

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Well if anyone does have an invite to spare then I would appreciate one. Definitely need a new email addy and that sort of storage space sounds very tempting! I stopped my hotmail account last year because, first I got sick of clearing out the inbox, then I spent 2 months in hosp after I broke my back & came out to find my account closed & inbox cleared. I didn't bother to re-open it.
So if anyone does want to send me an invite then that would be great. Maybe someone in admin who has acess to my current email?

muckshifter

Reaction score
cirianz said:
Well if anyone does have an invite to spare then I would appreciate one. Definitely need a new email addy and that sort of storage space sounds very tempting! I stopped my hotmail account last year because, first I got sick of clearing out the inbox, then I spent 2 months in hosp after I broke my back & came out to find my account closed & inbox cleared. I didn't bother to re-open it.
So if anyone does want to send me an invite then that would be great. Maybe someone in admin who has acess to my current email?
Sent. ;)

Though you may want to change the name I used. :D