Google Fibre

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Lucky folks in Kansas City getting Google Fibre, 1 gigabit download and upload internet with no caps among other cool benefits.

https://fiber.google.com

Google is going to provide free gigabit to schools, libraries, medical centers, and packages for residents.

Residential Cost:

TV + Internet

• $120/mo
  • Google Fiber (1 gigabit internet)
  • Google TV - provides all channels in one lump, with option to purchase premium movie channels
  • $300 installation fee (waived if a 2 year contract is signed)
  • Free Nexus 7 tablet (used as the remote for your TV)

Internet

• $70/mo
  • Google Fiber (1 gigabit internet)
  • $300 installation fee (waived if a 1 year contract is signed)

FREE INTERNET

• 5Mbps download
  • 1Mbps upload
  • $300 installation fee
  • No monthly fee (However, you can pay the $300 installation fee over 12 months)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I always find something adversely wrong with the word FREE being used by ANY company ... they don't seem to understand what it means. :confused:

I feel really irate that these 'phrases' have become a norm. :rolleyes:

you moving V_R ?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
you moving V_R ?

Ha, no well, at lest not to Kansas.....

I did like this bit though..

Never miss a show again.
Or eight.
Record up to eight programs simultaneously, just because you can. And with an unprecedented two terabytes of storage, you will never have to worry about having enough space to record your favorite shows.

Eight at a time!? :eek:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
How I'd love a 1GB connection - that's pretty incredible... I didn't even know those sorts of speed were being rolled out. I'm still chugging along at 6Mbps and don't feel that's too bad.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I didn't even know those sorts of speed were being rolled out..

There have been Gigabit trials in a few places around London for a while now. BT started around 2011. Not sure what the packages were though. I did mention this in another of V_R's posts before, or might have been in a PM to him.:blush:

Ask a Question