Goin' Camping, yay!

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hellllllllloo,

Well i may have mentioned that there was a possibility of me going to America for some work stuff, however, that possibility is now nil, boooooo!

So the missus has decided that we are to go camping in Wales (because its the same, no really it is, :lol:), its only for the weekend but having previously been in the Army i am quite green still so am looking forward to it.

I have a lightweight summer tent i got given in the Army for adventure training that never found its way back into the stores and more sleeping bags that you could shake a stick at (i love that saying).

But am at a loss at what you civvies use to cook food on???

I had a Jetboiler but gave it to a mate when i left the army and frequently used the trusty hexamine cooker.

Sooo, i need a decent double stove for aboot £30 - 40, respectable brands anyone???

Also some sort of dynamo L.E.D. lantern would be good.

Any advice on decent makes is appreciated, no laughing though.

Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
But am at a loss at what you civvies use to cook food on???

You're an ex army man..Open fire and your mess tin should do mate...Few dried twigs and some bush meet..Show the missus how to live life from nothing..Or check out the Surplus & Outdoors site..Good gear at good prices.And all the sort of gear you should be familiar with..

Last edited:

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
You know i how got shown to build a fire??

Hexamine and a zippo.

Cheers mate, is a good site, will have a good look around.

Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
You know i how got shown to build a fire??

Hexamine and a zippo.
Used that way a few times when out on survival exercises back in the 80's!
I use Silvermans @ HERE
Or Millets who do, do good camping kit.:nod:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have This stove here for camping and it's great. Only a single but it does come in a handy plastic carry case. I bought mine from Makros.

Good control of the gas burner. I actually used it where I'm living for a few months before I got my cooker plumbed in to the gas supply.

Before that the last time I used it was at Glastonbury Festival 07, camping for five days.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hey FLopps,

The link doesn't work, but from the description it sounds like an Uno stove???

Was actually looking at getting 2 of those as its cheaper than buying a double burner, prob Gelert as i have a tent of theirs and its pretty goood.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It works now. The last letter 'l' was missing from the url :blush:

Yes, it is the Uno stove.

This one looks quite good for a double burner but a bit on the pricey side.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hello again.

Thanks Flopps, i was hoping to get a recommendation for an Uno Stove as they are quite cheap but couldn't find any reviews, it will only be used for Sausage sandwiches and cups of tea anyway.

Think i will get 2 of those then.

Thanks for all the input guys.

Will post some pics if anyones interested, but were not going til Fri 13th Feb, spooky.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That single burner Uno is cheaper than I thought - I used one of those little blue camping "gaz" ones last time and it worked ok. Don't have it anymore so might try that Uno if it's good.

Would be interested in the pics when you go W_F, as I'm going to try and get Bex camping in Wales :thumb:

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
We are gonna go to Cardiff Caravan Park, her brother has been there and its okay for newbies.

Is ten minutes from Cardiff Centre so plenty of shopping, plus its next door to Cardiff Castle and with it being in Wales hills are only a few minutes away for walking.

£3 per car per day, £5 per person per day.

I don't use ebay anymore but those Uno Burners are v.cheap on there, 2 for £23, am gonna use my brothers account.