Gmail screwing up my computer badly

Reaction score
I deleted Gmail from computer but "(e-mail address removed)" popup keeps jumping up, over and over and over and over - screwing up my normal operations.

I also get this error message: The operation was canceled by the user. Account: (e-mail address removed), Server: 'pop.gmail.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC17

I deleted everything 'Google' - 'Gmail' from my computer hoping to end this nightmare as it is affecting my deadlines at work.

Please advise me how to end this problem with Gmail popups once and for all before I get fired for not meeting my deadlines.

Thank You --------- Gene

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Have a look in your account settings in Outlook Express ... look for any accounts to gmail.

:user:

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Have a look in your account settings in Outlook Express ... look for any accounts to gmail.

user.gif
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you muckshifter - I'll try it - I appreciate your time and advice.
Gene

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Perhaps its a problem with a rouge program at startup. using msconfig might help- but i will wait to see if you fixed it

Reaction score
Alf said:
Perhaps its a problem with a rouge program at startup. using msconfig might help- but i will wait to see if you fixed it
xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Alf -- I did as muck suggested - found Gmail address in OE setting - deleted same and it has worked -- so far --

Thank you both - you are alright in my book - I don't care what the others say about you .... SMILE

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Diogenes said:
Thank you both - you are alright in my book - I don't care what the others say about you .... SMILE

... Oi, mucks... does this mean people are slandering us? :confused:
:D

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me if this is possible? It seems like while we were logged on to gmail for a couple of hours, the computer somehow typed "chat" in a google search, then entered a site called parachat.com. Is this something that could happen just from being logged on to gmail? I am 99% sure that no one in my home has ever been in a chat room, so it doesn't seem like anyone would have entered a chat room intentionally. Or, could something else have gotten inside the computer to do this? Thank you!!! I would really like to figure this out!!!

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Sound like youve been hijacked, DO NOT USE YOUR CREDIT CARD (or the like)

download Hijackthis app. Update and run. (disclaimer- use at your own risk)

Hijackthis

If mucks is reading he can take it from here :nod:

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. Could it have been hijacked due to gmail, or just an outside source?

Ask a Question