Getting user name for last update on closed Excel sheet

Reaction score
I've written a VBA app to open, extract key data, and close some 1,900 excel workbooks that are updated throughout the day by several people. I write the data to a summary excel workbook. It's all working fine using VB 6.0(SP5) and Excel2003.

Now I'd like to add to the summary the date/time and the user for the last update in each of the workbooks . The date/time stamp is simple and under control. For the user stamp I'm sharing each workbook and tracking changes to extract the name from the track changes "History" worksheet. I'm using:

With objXL.Workbooks
.HighlightChangesOptions When:=xlAllChanges, Who:="Everyone"
.ListChangesOnNewSheet = True
.HighlightChangesOnScreen = False
End With

I get the error that "xlAllChanges" is an undefined variable. If I remove the When:=... I get the error

Object doesn't support this property or method referring to the .HighlightChangesOptions When:=xlAllChanges, Who:="Everyone" line.

Any ideas where my problem might be? Could my VB 6.0 be too old for Excel 2003? Do I need to update VB somehow? Have I forgotten to load some component?

TIA for your insights.

Ask a Question