Getting Scared Here....

Reaction score
My computer began to show some....strange behavior a few weeks ago. Up until today I didn't think anything about it....but after I got an email from a friend of mine claiming that he had gotten a virus from an email that I sent him...I started a full system scan. (I use Norton Antivirus) It didn't find anything, and I felt that it was not working properly. So I tried the EICAR Test String with AutoProtect on...nothing. I decided to try Avast Antivirus, and it found over 50 viruses hidden in my system that Norton seemed to be missing. (No wonder my PC is so slow) All of them were deleted from the hard drive and registry exept two.....that is what is scaring me.

From the Avast Virus Log, it says:

Sign of "Win32:Agent-IWU [Trj]" has been found in "C-Documents and Settings-All Users-Application Data-Microsoft-Network-Downloader-qmgr0.dat" file.

Sign of "Win32:Agent-IWU [Trj]" has been found in "C-Documents and Settings-All Users-Application Data-Microsoft-Network-Downloader-qmgr1.dat" file.

Avast, Norton, and McAfee cannot delete these files...even I can't delete them manually. Windows claims that they are in use by some program. The thing is, if I go into safe mode they've dissappeared. But when I boot up normally again, there they are. And I still can't delete them. So, how the hell am I supposed to get rid of these?

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    50.4 KB · Views: 314
  • hijackthis.txt
    6.7 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Although you are using an older version of HJT ... Your HJT Log is clean.

The locked files you listed don't look out of the ordinary and it's typical for AVG, McAfee, Windows Defender, the Windows Registry, and some other files that Windows itself is responsible for locking.

Since the files are being used and/or protected by programs they're all in-use and therefore locked.

You could try and submit the file HERE, but I think you have no nasties, just a bad AV program. ;)

:user:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
What about using Spybot, or Blacklight? if they do represent a problem

Reaction score
Problem Solved...apparently

After I logged on to my PC today, I ran the scan again (just to see) and it detected nothing. The files were still on my pc, but their size had changed from 21.0KB each to 4.0KB each. So apparently the "virus" is gone.
:confused:

Ask a Question