How do I get rid of perfc000.dat ?

Russell

I am running Windows XP with Avast. I keep getting a warning message from
Avast saying "A Trojan Horse Was Found!" When I choose the "Delete" button
or "Move to chest", nothin happens, the message keep repeating. I can't seem
to get rid of the virus.
Here's the info:
File name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\perfc000.dat
Malware Name: Win32:Small-HNV [Trj]
Malware Type: Trojan Horse
VPS version: 000770-2, 09/01/2007

pcbutts1

I just updated my Remove-it software to modify the AppInit_DLLs key of the
registry which is where that file loads from, give it a try. Use Remove-it
version 13, it's fast and free. It now has over 4000 signatures to remove
All variants of Rogue scanners, Desktop/Homepage Hijackers, Trojans,
Codec's, and related Malware/Spyware. New Feature, Remove-it will now update
your hosts file. This tool is designed to Specifically remove all variants.
Scan time is about 2 minutes. Designed for Windows 2000/XP only. Password is
still required.
First read this page http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads then use the email
link on the bottom of the page to receive the software.

Check my feedback and see what others have said about it
http://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/