Getting a processor cooler- suggestions?

Reaction score
Elo all,

Im currently building my new comp using an AMD 4000 processor and was thinking about chucking the stock cooler and getting a nice new shinny one! Thing is i'm finding it pretty hard to choose one...

When lookin for compatible coolers do you only need to make sure that they fit on 939 boards or is it importantly to make sure they fit your particular processor on the 939 board? Just from lookin at thermaltake coolers for instance although it says they'll fit 939 boards it states "up to AMD 3200+". Was thinkin that might just be cause that was the largest AMD at the time or release.

Any help would be great please!!

Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Whats wrong with the stock cooler!
As crazylegs say's whats wrong with the stock one?
My cpu came with a cool master fan that does the job well, i would only change if i had an over heating problem which i dont.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
if you want to spend another £30 get a zalman CU7700, but as the others said the stock one is pretty damn good

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well iv'e never had a stock one go tits up, but had plenty of aftermarket jobbies fail and melt the cpu....:cool:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
AMD + Stock HSF = 3year warrantee

AMD + some other HSF = 1year warrantee

... and before we get into a slanging match over how AMD will know the difference, lets just say ... it's your CPU, please yourself, if you ain't overclocking there is nothing wrong with the stock cooler what so ever.

Oh, if you buy and OEM AMD CPU then you'll need to buy a HSF ;)

The main consensus here, so far, is ... try the stock cooler, and see. :thumb:

Ask a Question