get n40bers 5nstead 6f 3etters!

H6w can 5 get the c60-4ter t6 r5ght 3etters aga5n???
S60eth5ng ha--ened when the ch53dren -3ayed!!!

David Hollway [MVP]

H6w can 5 get the c60-4ter t6 r5ght 3etters aga5n???
S60eth5ng ha--ened when the ch53dren -3ayed!!!

Your question, though somewhat cryptic, might have a solution..

From the way that your keys have been transposed (o = 6, m = 0, etc) I will
guess that you are using a laptop (or a small laptop-style keyboard) and
you've turned NUM LOCK on. Laptops lack the space for a separate numeric
keypad, so they "double up" the numpad keys with the standard ones.

Simply turn Numlock off and your keyboard should return to normal.

Hope this helps..

Tony Talmage

Here's what I understood from that message: "How can I get the computer to
right letters again??? Something happened when the children played!!!"

It sounds like they picked up some malware; I suggest running a virus scan
and Spybot Search and Destroy.

--
Tony Talmage
Web Developer

David Hollway [MVP]

Even simpler than that, I suspect - see my response elsewhere in the thread!

Bruce Chambers

Greetings --

Turn off your NumLock.

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:

having both at once. -- RAH

Shiranui Gen-An

David Hollway said:
Your question, though somewhat cryptic, might have a solution..

From the way that your keys have been transposed (o = 6, m = 0, etc) I will
guess that you are using a laptop (or a small laptop-style keyboard) and
you've turned NUM LOCK on. Laptops lack the space for a separate numeric
keypad, so they "double up" the numpad keys with the standard ones.

Simply turn Numlock off and your keyboard should return to normal.

That's odd, on my notebook I have to use the Fn key + those keys to type
numbers with Num Lock on.

David Hollway [MVP]

Shiranui Gen-An said:
That's odd, on my notebook I have to use the Fn key + those keys to type
numbers with Num Lock on.

<shrug>
I suppose it depends on the laptop.. I have an IBM Thinkpad T40 here, and
(like most other Thinkpads, IIRC) simply turning Numlock on is enough to
garb3e any text y64 ty*e...!

Chris

Other possibilities if not a laptop,
restart computer
if it still happens try someone elses keyboard.

Joined
Oct 27, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Thankyou, you really helped me out. I was really stuck on this issue and you resolved it within seconds

David Hollway [MVP];896525 said:
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> H6w can 5 get the c60-4ter t6 r5ght 3etters aga5n???
> S60eth5ng ha--ened when the ch53dren -3ayed!!!

Your question, though somewhat cryptic, might have a solution..

From the way that your keys have been transposed (o = 6, m = 0, etc) I will