GeForce- Overclocking with new drivers?

Reaction score
As many of you will know the 'classic' nVidia control panel (that would easily enable over-clocking with the installation of Coolbits.reg) has been replaced by a rather dumbed down, chunky panel.

I want to overclock my 7800gtx, but nTune won't give me the option.

RivaTuner doesn't seem to communicate with the very latest nVidia drivers.. nothing even happens if I change the graphics card fan speed.. (usually you can at least hear the fan go up and down with the slidebar)

Has anyone else found themselves incapable of overclocking after updating to new nVidia drivers?
Are there any very basic programmes out there other than RivaTuner that might work?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I use Rivatuner to oc my 8800, and fan speed works fine too.... I am using the latest beta drivers 163.44.

Try ATI Tool instead?

EDIT: just remembered, there is a reg hack that will enable the classic panel, google will show you the way as i cant remember it right now, if i do i'll post it. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Bravo old chap!

The first reg edit I found did it, and it's refreshing as hell to see the good old fashioned classic menu.

I had to install coolbits again afterwards, and low and behold the clock frequency options are back.

Good stuff.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Nice one, glad it worked. Not tried it myself as i dont use the CP as i said Rivatuner FTW. :thumb:

Ask a Question