Gaming headset advice requested

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hmm... the lugs look fairly "normal" ...I don't think I'll need to roll them up to fit into the ear-cups lol. :lol::lol:

Bootneck, you are, as ever, a gentleman!! :D

Mine are being sent via Royal Mail, according to the dispatch e-mail (hoped it would be DPD, because they usually give a very accurate time estimate.) But no matter. It's still exciting!! :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
They're here!!! YAY! :dance::dance::dance:

What can I say... other than I'm thrilled with my new Sennheiser 363D headset! As you would expect, they were very well packaged, but very easy to unpack (no horribly sharp-edged blister packs to impale fingers on.)

More importantly, they were very easy to set up. I loaded the driver from the CD (having first checked the website, as per the advice on the CD sleeve, for anything more current.) A quick re-start was required - then I just needed to enable them. (They are seen as Sennheiser "speakers" in my sound devices, btw.)

As you'll appreciate, I've only given them a quick try-out, by listening to some favourite music... WOW! So very clear. It might be classed as a "gaming" headset, but it certainly handles music flawlessly.

I've not tried them in-game just yet - I want to run my TS set-up thingy first, to adjust anything that might need to be adjusted.

As for fit.... once again WOW! My ears are completely surrounded by velvety softness - no pressure on them at all. I have never had a truly comfortable headset before, so I couldn't quite believe how comfy these feel. They fit perfectly. I have very happy ears!! (They accommodate my glasses too.) :D

I'm a very happy bunny right now. Hope V_R, that yours have reached you and you are equally pleased :thumb:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Sounds fantastic TC! Bet you can't wait to try them in-game :thumb: I remember the first time I tried Ian's GameCom 780 headset, it was such an improvement on anything I'd ever used before. Enjoy!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
350SE's received, set up and being used. They are good, and once they are worn in (burnt in) the will be even better! :D

First impressions, they are a lot lighter than the 350's! Which is no bad thing.

No if you will excuse me, i have a battlefield to tend to that is currently dishing out double XP!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Wonderful news TC and so glad you love them, me too had been using nothing but Sennheiser's for the last 15 years. They will need about 50 hours to fully break in and once you get past this time period you will notice the bass will be deeper and the highs will be very open and smooth. Go easy on them till the break in period and you will have great service from them for a long time to come.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Thank you for the comments everyone. :)

Last night I used them for the first time in-game. The first thing I noticed was the stunning clarity - I was actually hearing very subtle "environmental" sounds that had previously been inaudible.

The directional sounds are absolutely amazing. I tried out various audio modes, but wowzer, when I engaged Dolby 7.1 "surround" it really brought things to life. My character could clearly gauge from which direction a foe (or friendly NPC) happened to be approaching.... and, stupid though it will sound, I automatically turned my head a few times, when a voice seemed to be right here in the room, behind me! Lol

(A note. I wasn't going to choose the Dolby "virtual surround" headset (363D) because some reviewers had seemed a bit unimpressed. However, my OH was very insistent that I should get them, particularly after several other reviews mentioned how good music sounded. So, as I will be using the headset for both gaming and music purposes.... I was persuaded.)

Regarding voice: there was a huge difference in sound quality. There must have been around 10 of us on TS last night, and everyone came through very clearly. I wasn't deafened, when someone coughed or shouted with excitement, into their mic... in fact, the audio balance was unbelievably good. A few people also remarked that I sounded very clear too... (I did not tell them what I was using, merely saying it was a different headset, and to please let me know if there were any problems; we are well enough acquainted now, to be helpful/truthful with each other.)

At the end of the game session, my ears were still feeling comfortable, cool and best of all, not "fatigued" sore, or ringing.

TLDR...? I am a truly happy bunny! (Hope you are too V_R) :D

Ask a Question