GAME SHUTS OFF

G

hi i have been havin this problem with my new sims cd game i bought. i can play for about 10 or 15 min at most 20 and it just shuts off. my computer shuts off completly and i have to restart it. and it takes like 2 times to get it going. the first time i start it the computer wont start up then the 2nd time it will. my computer is brand new like 5 months old. it never kicks me offline or shuts off like this only whne i play my sims game. what could this problem be. i have a sample of a few of the errors that was shown when i looked up errors on my computer. i will send this now. can anyone plz help me its frusterating and its not the game cause i brought it back and got a new one and get the smae problem.

1) Monday, January 12, 2004 Cdrom The device, \Device\CdRom0, has a bad block
2) Monday, February 02, 2004 DCOM DCOM got error "%1055" attempting to start the service netman with arguments "" in order to run the server: {BA126AE5-2166-11D1-B 1D0-00805FC1270E}
Monday, February 02, 2004 Service Control Manager The mrtRate service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.
Monday, February 02, 2004 Service Control Manager The mrtRate service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.

G

Hi

As you said you could play the game for 15 to 20 minutes, I would think for the heat or drivers problem of the vedio card
Pls post back the spec of your PC so that someone can help you

What brand and model of the PC
Mobo model, vedio card and driver version, CPU, Ram, sound card and driver version, etc

Also, in your statement

Try update the CD-rom firmware, if the same warning message appeared again. The CD-rom may become faulty
Call the vendor to change it for you if your PC is within the warranty period

Pete

----- dan wrote: ----

hi i have been havin this problem with my new sims cd game i bought. i can play for about 10 or 15 min at most 20 and it just shuts off. my computer shuts off completly and i have to restart it. and it takes like 2 times to get it going. the first time i start it the computer wont start up then the 2nd time it will. my computer is brand new like 5 months old. it never kicks me offline or shuts off like this only whne i play my sims game. what could this problem be. i have a sample of a few of the errors that was shown when i looked up errors on my computer. i will send this now. can anyone plz help me its frusterating and its not the game cause i brought it back and got a new one and get the smae problem.

2) Monday, February 02, 2004 DCOM DCOM got error "%1055" attempting to start the service netman with arguments "" in order to run the server: {BA126AE5-2166-11D1-B 1D0-00805FC1270E}

G

hey thanks peter. ya my computer is a toshiba. satelite A25-S307. i am not sure about the other things u asked for. serial number 83049399P. i dotn knwo from that maybe u coudl find the specifics of it i not sure where to find it. thanks for your help

Ask a Question