Fussy the troll

Alastair Smeaton

Please see below an abuse email sent today re Fussy - would encourage
others to do the same. Abuse address is (e-mail address removed)

(God - am I turning into John Corliss :)

=========

Dear sir/madam,

Can I ask you to have a look at the newsgroup alt.comp.freeware for
repeated self-promotional posts by someone calling himself A.A. Fussy,
email address (e-mail address removed) .

He appears to write software, lots and lots of it, and posts many many
legitimate messages to this group (and others I believe) announcing
new products and upgrades.

However, I would approximate 90% of his messages are for:

upgrades he thinks he might make, and for which he cannot provide a
working download link

requests for programming help, regarded as off topic in this group

above messages, simply repeating his message.

It is this last aspect which is most concerning - he appears to revel
in annoying people with these messages, with a complaint message about
his posting habits almost always replied to by him with a post with
content containing precisely the material which has been complained
about.

He claims to be a teenager interested in VB programming - I have no
evidence for this one way or another, but many believe this to be an
alias for someone interested only in winding people up, posting
messages which serve no purpose other than to evoke a response -
indeed, one regular member of alt.comp.freeware has taken to replying
to all his posts with one line crticisms.

I attach below a recent message as an example, but also provide a link
to a google groups search here
http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?q=A. A. Fussy&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wg

which will let you see fairly quickly the extent of the nuisance this
person causes.

Please have a look at this - I would be interested to hear of any
outcome.

Thank you

Alastair Smeaton

Final-Recipient: RFC822; (e-mail address removed)
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: X-Unix; mirapoint
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 552 5.2.2 Over quota
Last-Attempt-Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 20:03:34 +1000 (EST)

To: (e-mail address removed)
Subject: newsgroup spamming and trolling - A.A. Fussy
From: Alastair Smeaton <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 11:04:05 +0100

could it be that so many people have complained about Fussy that the
abuse ad die is over quota :)

A.A. Fussy

Alastair Smeaton said:
[...]

I am turning 16 on the weekend,plus have been writing software since 2000

A.A. Fussy

Alastair Smeaton said:
[...]

Also, AA is an autombile club, Acholics Anonymous

Roger Johansson

A.A. Fussy said:
I am turning 16 on the weekend,plus have been writing software since 2000

I don't care what age you are, you have overspammed your welcome a long
time ago, teflon-boy.

3

|3iff //ullins

I am turning 16 on the weekend
16 and already writing shite bottom-of-the-barrelware? yow. you have a
really bright future ahead of you, as far as dunderheaded dolts go...

Gary R. Schmidt

|3iff //ullins said:
16 and already writing shite bottom-of-the-barrelware? yow. you have a
really bright future ahead of you, as far as dunderheaded dolts go...
Don't be too hard on the poor twit - he's growing up in Queensland, in a
place called the Gold Coast.

It's sort of like Florida, people retire there to die.

In the good old days (back in the 1980's) it would have been possible to
have the Qld Special Branch pay a gentle visit to AA's house, and scare
the proverbial out of his parents and him. Sadly, since Joh lost the
plot and the state, they disbanded the Special Branch, and I don't know
any corrupt cops in Coolangatta (or Tweed), Now, if it was in the Valley...

Cheers,
Gary B-)

example

I am turning 16 on the weekend,plus have been writing software since 2000

Really?
I rather assumed you were about only 9 or 10 years old, judging by your software
and what you post here.

exam.

«

Don't be too hard on the poor twit - he's growing up in Queensland, in a
place called the Gold Coast.

It's sort of like Florida, people retire there to die.

In the good old days (back in the 1980's) it would have been possible to
have the Qld Special Branch pay a gentle visit to AA's house, and scare
the proverbial out of his parents and him. Sadly, since Joh lost the
plot and the state, they disbanded the Special Branch, and I don't know
any corrupt cops in Coolangatta (or Tweed), Now, if it was in the
Valley...

Cheers,
Gary B-)

If it was in the valley he'd be dead.

--
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine.

They are told to me by the eight inch tall space beings
who live in my PC. In return for these ideas,
I have given them permission to suck my brains out.
Oops, I forgot to tell them I have none! ;)

http://www.freewebs.com/ntr_/
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

3

|3iff //ullins

Don't be too hard on the poor twit - he's growing up in Queensland, in a
place called the Gold Coast.

It's sort of like Florida, people retire there to die.

In the good old days (back in the 1980's) it would have been possible to
have the Qld Special Branch pay a gentle visit to AA's house, and scare
the proverbial out of his parents and him. Sadly, since Joh lost the
plot and the state, they disbanded the Special Branch, and I don't know
any corrupt cops in Coolangatta (or Tweed), Now, if it was in the Valley...

Cheers,
Gary B-)
i feel compelled to mention that yours is by far the most eloquent and
just plain downright "classiest" response something *i have posted has
ever received. i like the way you have used "proverbial"! :)

3

|3iff //ullins

Really?
I rather assumed you were about only 9 or 10 years old, judging by your software
and what you post here.
your numbers would be right on the money if we were talkin' IQ. ;-)~

--
In no event will I be liable for any damages, including any lost
profits, lost savings, draughts, floods, or other incidental or

A.A. Fussy

|3iff //ullins said:
your numbers would be right on the money if we were talkin' IQ. ;-)~

--
In no event will I be liable for any damages, including any lost
profits, lost savings, draughts, floods, or other incidental or
consequential damages arising out of the use or inability to use this
text. Some states do not allow the exclusion of liability for
incidental or consequential damages, but heck with them. Check local
listings. Void where prohibited. E Pluribus Unum. Be excellent to each
other. Party on, Dudes.

Yes, that's true

dszady

You are adding to the trolling by replying to my posts-please stop or I may
block you.

If you block him others will quote him in their posts and you will see
it anyway.
Leave TROLL.