further improve in performance

Steve Parry [MVP]

In
΢ÈíÕý°æÓû§ said:
i am running win2000 pro on my new laptop. Centrino 1.4, 512MB, 30G
Hard Disk and have disabled "indexing service". when i start up my
laptop, i have 35 process running in the backgroud, and the available
memory is around 32000. is that normal?

is there anyway to further improve my win2k?

please check my task manager..

http://myweb.advanhost.com.hk/temp/p1.jpg
http://myweb.advanhost.com.hk/temp/p2.jpg

thanks

Try looking here

http://www.blackviper.com/WIN2K/servicecfg.htm

advises which services cvan be disabled etc

Philippe L. Balmanno

I use cacheman 5.5 on W2K, I have 512K on the laptop and hit the recover
memory which gives me 423K to use. I've used the BlackViper site before and
had to back out of a lot of the modifications so if you try it do a couple
of modifications at a time so you can remember the original settings for
each service.

Josef Stalin

Phil Robyn [MVP]

Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 8:01 AM

In

must'nt like you ... as it works fine for me?

Didn't like the free Mozilla browser and prefers the Capitalistic pig Bill
Gate's Internet Explorer. It's a world wide conspiracy, I tell you.
Embrace Karl Marx now and join the Revolution. [more rhetoric to follow]

Works fine for me with Mozilla!