full menus (instead of partial, pause, then full)

Larry__Weiss

How do I configure XP to paint the full menus on apps like Word and Outlook, instead
of painting a partial menu, pausing, and then showing the full menu?

- Larry

Doug Knox MS-MVP

Right click on a blank area of the Menu bar and select Customize. You'll find this setting there.

Carrie Garth

<http://www.microsoft.com/communities/privacy.mspx>
| wrote in message | How do I configure XP to paint the full menus on apps like Word
| and Outlook, instead of painting a partial menu, pausing, and
| then showing the full menu?

Sounds like your Microsoft Office program Menu's are configured
to show recently used commands first. To "Switch between
personalized menus and full menus": On the Tools menu, click
Customize, and then click the Options tab. Then click to clear
the Menus show recently used commands first check box. Note that
the check box affects all your Microsoft Office programs. For
more information search Microsoft Word Help for the words in
double-quotes and read the topic by that title.

And for future reference, you can find the experts in Microsoft
Office Applications in the Microsoft Office Newsgroups.

Microsoft Office Newsgroups
Welcome to Microsoft Office Newsgroups
http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=prod_office&slcid=US