Frontpage Tages

I want to use a template for my website but I don't want the tags to be seen.
I use the 2003 version of frontpage and the tags i mean are <meta
name="Microsoft Theme" content="tech-blue 011, default"> how can I hide them
from people looking at my source code?

Steve H

You can't. Don't put on the web what you don't want others
to see. It's all very public.

Jim Buyens

There's nothing you can do that keeps Web visitors from
looking at your HTML. Once you've sent it to their
comptuer, they can find a way to look at it.

If you're ashamed to be caught using a FrontPage Theme,
use a linked sytle sheet instead.

Jim Buyens
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
http://www.interlacken.com
Author of:
*----------------------------------------------------
|\---------------------------------------------------
|| Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 Inside Out
||---------------------------------------------------
|| Web Database Development Step by Step .NET Edition
|| Microsoft FrontPage Version 2002 Inside Out
|| Faster Smarter Beginning Programming
|| (All from Microsoft Press)
|/---------------------------------------------------
*----------------------------------------------------

Thomas A. Rowe

The meta tag is require by FP in order to know what theme and option apply to the page. Since you
are using FP2003, and if you are not publishing to FP enabled server, you can have FP remove all of
those tags during publishing, however you will no longer be able to edit the site in FP easily.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

ok well can I move it some where else?

Thomas A. Rowe said:
The meta tag is require by FP in order to know what theme and option apply to the page. Since you
are using FP2003, and if you are not publishing to FP enabled server, you can have FP remove all of
those tags during publishing, however you will no longer be able to edit the site in FP easily.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Thomas A. Rowe

No.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Andrew Murray

Aren't themes exactly that - style sheets? (excuse my ignorance - I don't use
themes at all).

Murray

Aren't themes exactly that - style sheets?

No. As far as I know, a theme may in fact contain NO CSS at all.

Jim Buyens

Well, yeah, but this designer was concerned about people on the
Internet viewing his souce code and discovering the tag:

Now, frankly, I don't see what's wrong with people seeing that, but I
guessed that perhaps the designer was concerned that someone would
find out he'd used a predesigned Theme rather than something he
developed himself.

Jim Buyens
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
http://www.interlacken.com
Author of:
*----------------------------------------------------
|\---------------------------------------------------
|| Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 Inside Out
||---------------------------------------------------
|| Web Database Development Step by Step .NET Edition
|| Microsoft FrontPage Version 2002 Inside Out
|| Faster Smarter Beginning Programming
|| (All from Microsoft Press)
|/---------------------------------------------------
*----------------------------------------------------

Murray

Themes are stylesheets?

--
Murray

Jim Buyens said:
Well, yeah, but this designer was concerned about people on the
Internet viewing his souce code and discovering the tag:

Now, frankly, I don't see what's wrong with people seeing that, but I
guessed that perhaps the designer was concerned that someone would
find out he'd used a predesigned Theme rather than something he
developed himself.

Jim Buyens
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
http://www.interlacken.com
Author of:
*----------------------------------------------------
|\---------------------------------------------------
|| Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 Inside Out
||---------------------------------------------------
|| Web Database Development Step by Step .NET Edition
|| Microsoft FrontPage Version 2002 Inside Out
|| Faster Smarter Beginning Programming
|| (All from Microsoft Press)
|/---------------------------------------------------
*----------------------------------------------------

Jim Buyens

Actually, FrontPage 2003 (and optionally FrontPage 2002) implements
uses CSS to implement its Themes.

Jim Buyens
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
http://www.interlacken.com
Author of:
*----------------------------------------------------
|\---------------------------------------------------
|| Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 Inside Out
||---------------------------------------------------
|| Web Database Development Step by Step .NET Edition
|| Microsoft FrontPage Version 2002 Inside Out
|| Faster Smarter Beginning Programming
|| (All from Microsoft Press)
|/---------------------------------------------------
*----------------------------------------------------

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

you can see it in Modify Themes in FP2002...Apply Using CSS.

| Jim:
|
| Thanks! I'll have to look harder then.... 8)
|
| --
| Murray
|
| | > Actually, FrontPage 2003 (and optionally FrontPage 2002) implements
| > uses CSS to implement its Themes.
| >
| > Jim Buyens
| > Microsoft FrontPage MVP
| > http://www.interlacken.com
| > Author of:
| > *----------------------------------------------------
| > |\---------------------------------------------------
| > ||---------------------------------------------------
| > |/---------------------------------------------------
| > *----------------------------------------------------

| >> No. As far as I know, a theme may in fact contain NO CSS at all.
| >>
| >> --
| >> Murray

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

eh...he can always modify it and rename it fweddy-theme :)

Murray

Thanx, Rob!

--
Murray

"Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
wrote in message you can see it in Modify Themes in FP2002...Apply Using CSS.

| Jim:
|
| Thanks! I'll have to look harder then.... 8)
|
| --
| Murray
|
| | > Actually, FrontPage 2003 (and optionally FrontPage 2002) implements
| > uses CSS to implement its Themes.
| >
| > Jim Buyens
| > Microsoft FrontPage MVP
| > http://www.interlacken.com
| > Author of:
| > *----------------------------------------------------
| > |\---------------------------------------------------
| > ||---------------------------------------------------
| > |/---------------------------------------------------
| > *----------------------------------------------------

| >> No. As far as I know, a theme may in fact contain NO CSS at all.
| >>
| >> --
| >> Murray

Jim Buyens

Murray said:
Themes are stylesheets?

Yes, primarily.

All the text colors, background colors, hyperlink effects, and so
forth come from a linked CSS stylesheet. When you change from one
Theme to another, FrontPage substitutes a different stylesheet file
with all the same selector names.

The graphic button faces, of course, are still separate files.

Jim Buyens
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
http://www.interlacken.com
Author of:
*----------------------------------------------------
|\---------------------------------------------------
|| Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 Inside Out
||---------------------------------------------------
|| Web Database Development Step by Step .NET Edition
|| Microsoft FrontPage Version 2002 Inside Out
|| Faster Smarter Beginning Programming
|| (All from Microsoft Press)
|/---------------------------------------------------
*----------------------------------------------------

Murray

Silly me. Thanks Jim.

--
Murray

Jim Buyens said:
Yes, primarily.

All the text colors, background colors, hyperlink effects, and so
forth come from a linked CSS stylesheet. When you change from one
Theme to another, FrontPage substitutes a different stylesheet file
with all the same selector names.

The graphic button faces, of course, are still separate files.

Jim Buyens
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
http://www.interlacken.com
Author of:
*----------------------------------------------------
|\---------------------------------------------------
|| Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 Inside Out
||---------------------------------------------------
|| Web Database Development Step by Step .NET Edition
|| Microsoft FrontPage Version 2002 Inside Out
|| Faster Smarter Beginning Programming
|| (All from Microsoft Press)
|/---------------------------------------------------
*----------------------------------------------------

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

velcome.
and you can have a ton of fun messin' around with them too!

| Thanx, Rob!
|
| --
| Murray
|
| "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | you can see it in Modify Themes in FP2002...Apply Using CSS.
|

| | | Jim:
| |
| | Thanks! I'll have to look harder then.... 8)
| |
| | --
| | Murray
| |