Frontpage preview not WYSIWYG - Lines Mashed Together

Ronx

Unless it's been changed over the last three years the MSo2000 filter can
only be installed if Word 2000 or Excel 2000 is also installed on the PC.

It does work well on Word 2002 files (better than the filter built into Word
2002, IMO).

--
Ron

Don said:
If you have several files that need to be converted from MS Word.doc OR
Excel...

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010549981033.aspx

This is not just for Office 2000 files..
Download it here..

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...EE-3FBD-482C-83B0-96FB79B74DED&displaylang=en

HTH

Don
========================
| The problem is that I have a ton of large Word files that I had to
| convert to FP, so I really had no choice. I used the "Save as Web
| Page Filtered" option, then had to get rid of the problem where the
| file will opn in Word instead of FP, so I right-clicked on the HTM
| file and select "Open . . . in Frontpage", then edited the file to
| remove the "div section" line and removed the large "style" section at
| the top - then finally saved it.
|
| This does remove the Word format characters - but I guess not all of
| them. The only other way was a "Word-to-HTML" editor, which did not
| do a good job. I realize I could save it to a text file and then
| paste it into FP and re-edit it all - but these files are just too
| long, and too many - plus they are full of inserted pics.
|
| On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 07:20:32 -0700, "Rick Budde"
|
| >If you are indeed using Word to create your content ...
| >don't. If you do, you will continue to have problems and
| >be frustrated.

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

Don...you lost me...Options in where?

| Options>In the top area (5 check boxes) check the bottom 3.... In the
| bottom area check the last one and the CSS if you want but you will loose
| some formatting...
|
| Don
| ======================
| "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | The round-tripping effect is a little strange.
| It still puts in MSO stuff at the top but much better than I thought.
| Haven't tried the CSS export yet.
|

| "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | annnndddddd?

| | |
| | YES! I have it install now..
| |
| | Don
| | ===================
| | "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| | wrote in message | | Don,
| |
| | Have you tried it yet?
| |
| | R.
| |
| |
| | | Excel...
| | |
| | | http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010549981033.aspx
| | |
| | | This is not just for Office 2000 files..
| | | Download it here..
| | |
| | |
| |
| http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...EE-3FBD-482C-83B0-96FB79B74DED&displaylang=en
| | |
| | | HTH
| | |
| | | Don
| | | ========================
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |

You do have HTML Filter 2.0?
When you open that (All Programs> Microsoft FrontPage>Microsoft Office Tools
HTML>Microsoft Office HTML Filter 2.0(new window) at the bottom on the right
is an "Options Button" There you can change what you want filtered out...

Don
=========================
wrote in message Don...you lost me...Options in where?

| Options>In the top area (5 check boxes) check the bottom 3.... In the
| bottom area check the last one and the CSS if you want but you will loose
| some formatting...
|
| Don
| ======================
| "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | The round-tripping effect is a little strange.
| It still puts in MSO stuff at the top but much better than I thought.
| Haven't tried the CSS export yet.
|

| "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | annnndddddd?

| | |
| | YES! I have it install now..
| |
| | Don
| | ===================
| | "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)"
<[email protected]>
| | wrote in message | | Don,
| |
| | Have you tried it yet?
| |
| | R.
| |
| |
OR
| | | Excel...
| | |
| | | http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010549981033.aspx
| | |
| | | This is not just for Office 2000 files..
| | | Download it here..
| | |
| | |
| |

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...EE-3FBD-482C-83B0-96FB79B74DED&displaylang=en
| | |
| | | HTH
| | |
| | | Don
| | | ========================
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |

Whew...what a pain to find. Thanks !!

I got flustered 'cause it installed as a plug-in and never saw what you described...maybe not enough coffee yet :)

TNX again.

Rob
| You do have HTML Filter 2.0?
| When you open that (All Programs> Microsoft FrontPage>Microsoft Office Tools
| HTML>Microsoft Office HTML Filter 2.0(new window) at the bottom on the right
| is an "Options Button" There you can change what you want filtered out...
|
| Don
| =========================
| "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | Don...you lost me...Options in where?
|

| | | Options>In the top area (5 check boxes) check the bottom 3.... In the
| | bottom area check the last one and the CSS if you want but you will loose
| | some formatting...
| |
| | Don
| | ======================
| | "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| | wrote in message | | The round-tripping effect is a little strange.
| | It still puts in MSO stuff at the top but much better than I thought.
| | Haven't tried the CSS export yet.
| |
| |
| | "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| | wrote in message | | annnndddddd?
| |
| |
| | | | |
| | | YES! I have it install now..
| | |
| | | Don
| | | ===================
| | | "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)"
| <[email protected]>
| | | wrote in message | | | Don,
| | |
| | | Have you tried it yet?
| | |
| | | R.
| | |
| | |
| OR
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | |
| |
| http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...EE-3FBD-482C-83B0-96FB79B74DED&displaylang=en
| | | |
| | | |
| at
| | | | |
| | | | |
| | | | |

Wally S

That's surely because there are photos on the page. I can't see what that
would have to do with using Word to edit. But my visitors like the photos,
and they don't complain about the download time. You're the first.

The home page sometimes gets extra coding (which I remove when I find it)
because I am always moving stuff around there and adding stuff, but the
articles don't get extra coding. They also load in a reasonable time, except
for the ones with large photos.

Wally S