FrontPage PhotoGallery Formatting Question

Here's my question about PhotoGallery to add to the sea of questions. The
problem I am encountering is when someone resizes the browser window the
photogallery component will move relative to the window while the rest of the
page stays in place. The result is my photogallery will cross over the
boarder of my page.

Go to www.kdaphoto.com, select one of the tabs at the bottom (people, 12 to
4, travel, or personal), once the photogallery is displayed resize the window
and you'll see what I mean.

I've seen the posts for JAlbum, etc, and will look into those, but if there
is a fix it will save me lots of time.

Thanks,
Ken

E. T. Culling

Hi, I'm using a dial up and the page is loading very, very slowly. Something
is Java based that has brought it to a crawl!! You really don't want to use
java applets any more, such as hover buttons etc. because of this probelm
and because some browsers don't support them.
http://www.interlacken.com/winnt/tips/tipshow.aspx?tip=29
Several minutes later ... your site still hasn't opened and it has
effectivly brought my browser (Firefox) to its knees. Now I'm trying to open
it in Netscape ... no luck. Just how large a file is that page?
I'm the one who has posted the page with all the alternative ways to build
photo slide hows. I strongly suggest that you try JAlbum. Besides only
showing the larger versions in the top left of the screen (it's not even a
page!) the FP component is quirky at best ... and you need to get rid of the
hover buttons or whatever the Java applet is, ASAP! I had to give up on
seeing your page.
http://www.eleanorstravels.com/PhotoGalleryPrograms/index.htm
Contact me when I'll be able to open your page.
Eleanor (e-mail address removed)

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

Yep Java buttons. Index page has at least 180K of images...REALLY NICE stuff btw. Slowwww load even on broadband.

His photogallery looks nice...and normal...not distorting my browser.

Lots of %20 in folder names too.

| Hi, I'm using a dial up and the page is loading very, very slowly. Something
| is Java based that has brought it to a crawl!! You really don't want to use
| java applets any more, such as hover buttons etc. because of this probelm
| and because some browsers don't support them.
| http://www.interlacken.com/winnt/tips/tipshow.aspx?tip=29
| Several minutes later ... your site still hasn't opened and it has
| effectivly brought my browser (Firefox) to its knees. Now I'm trying to open
| it in Netscape ... no luck. Just how large a file is that page?
| I'm the one who has posted the page with all the alternative ways to build
| photo slide hows. I strongly suggest that you try JAlbum. Besides only
| showing the larger versions in the top left of the screen (it's not even a
| page!) the FP component is quirky at best ... and you need to get rid of the
| hover buttons or whatever the Java applet is, ASAP! I had to give up on
| seeing your page.
| http://www.eleanorstravels.com/PhotoGalleryPrograms/index.htm
| Contact me when I'll be able to open your page.
| Eleanor (e-mail address removed)
|
| | > Here's my question about PhotoGallery to add to the sea of questions. The
| > problem I am encountering is when someone resizes the browser window the
| > photogallery component will move relative to the window while the rest of
| > the
| > page stays in place. The result is my photogallery will cross over the
| > boarder of my page.
| >
| > Go to www.kdaphoto.com, select one of the tabs at the bottom (people, 12
| > 4, travel, or personal), once the photogallery is displayed resize the
| > window
| > and you'll see what I mean.
| >
| > I've seen the posts for JAlbum, etc, and will look into those, but if
| > there
| > is a fix it will save me lots of time.
| >
| > Thanks,
| > Ken

E. T. Culling

Thanks Rob ... I hope he comes back to see our comments. Too bad when people
use the PhotoGallery component, hover buttons etc. How are they to know when
they buy the product that it contains things they shouldn't go near. I think
Jim Buyens has done such a good job of collecting a list of "Do not Use"
items.
'Lots of %20 in folder names' means that there are spaces in folder names.
They shouldn't be there or in image names either!
Eleanor