..... FrontPage 2005

I heard that FrontPage 2005 is going to be released soon.

Anybody knows when FrontPage 2005 is going to hit the market?

What would be the new features and what significant changes should we expect?

Thomas A. Rowe

There has been no such announcement...

WebMaster Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
If you feel your current issue is a results of installing
a Service Pack or security update, please contact
Microsoft Product Support Services:
http://support.microsoft.com
If the problem can be shown to have been caused by a
security update, then there is usually no charge for the call.

JoeM

I did not hear Frontpage 2005 but I did hear frontpage 2006, around the
same release as Office 12. Which will be next year around the same time as
longhorn. Verry excited

Thanks for sharing this.

Just a "no you heard wrong" is hardly helpful to someone who is trying to
find out about a product.

Do you know if the release is going to be in early 2006 or later in the year?

I'd hate to wait a year and a half for FrontPage 2006 (if it's going to be
released late in the year.)

And FrontPage 2003 sounds way TOO OLD in the year 2005, especially given the
possibilities of web design these days.

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28Crash_Gordon=AE\

The MS MVP's probably know a little more than what people may have heard on the street.

| Thanks for sharing this.
|
| Just a "no you heard wrong" is hardly helpful to someone who is trying to
| find out about a product.
|
| Do you know if the release is going to be in early 2006 or later in the year?
|
| I'd hate to wait a year and a half for FrontPage 2006 (if it's going to be
| released late in the year.)
|
| And FrontPage 2003 sounds way TOO OLD in the year 2005, especially given the
| possibilities of web design these days.
|
| "JoeM" wrote:
|
| > I did not hear Frontpage 2005 but I did hear frontpage 2006, around the
| > same release as Office 12. Which will be next year around the same time as
| > longhorn. Verry excited

JoeM

From what I heard (some reps at MSFT that I work with) say the same time
office 12, but no dates or changes made to products. They only thing I did
get was that it will handle databases better(access, MSSQL). But that is
all I know. I am really excited to see a beta or anything at this point.

True. That's why I posted this to hopefully get a more concrete (or
approximate) date. But the MVP's don't seem very eager to share what they may
know.

Tom Pepper Willett

We are not allowed to share anything that we may know. Sorry.
--
===
Tom "Pepper" Willett
| True. That's why I posted this to hopefully get a more concrete (or
| approximate) date. But the MVP's don't seem very eager to share what they
may
| know.
|
| "Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon®)" wrote:
|
| > The MS MVP's probably know a little more than what people may have heard
on the street.

| > "Mike" <[email protected]>
| > | Thanks for sharing this.
| > |
| > | Just a "no you heard wrong" is hardly helpful to someone who is trying
| > | find out about a product.
| > |
| > | Do you know if the release is going to be in early 2006 or later in
the year?
| > |
| > | I'd hate to wait a year and a half for FrontPage 2006 (if it's going
to be
| > | released late in the year.)
| > |
| > | And FrontPage 2003 sounds way TOO OLD in the year 2005, especially
given the
| > | possibilities of web design these days.
| > |
| > |

Cheryl D Wise

Other than the antiquidated CSS/Styles interface in FP 2003 (easily fixed by
using an external CSS editor as your default wth FP) FP 2003 is certainly
not 'way too old' there are many people still using FP 2000 which is much
older than FP 2003 will be in 2006 (or whenever the next version is
released).

After all people are creating good sites in such really "old" programs like
Notepad.

From all I've read the next major release of any Office program will be at
the same timeas Longhorn whenever that happens to be.

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28Crash_Gordon=AE\

I still use DOS 3.0 for certain thangs...hey, it werks.

"Cheryl D Wise" <wiserways.wiserways.com> wrote in message | Other than the antiquidated CSS/Styles interface in FP 2003 (easily fixed by
| using an external CSS editor as your default wth FP) FP 2003 is certainly
| not 'way too old' there are many people still using FP 2000 which is much
| older than FP 2003 will be in 2006 (or whenever the next version is
| released).
|
| After all people are creating good sites in such really "old" programs like
| Notepad.
|
| From all I've read the next major release of any Office program will be at
| the same timeas Longhorn whenever that happens to be.
|
| --
| Cheryl D. Wise
| FrontPage MVP
| http://mvp.wiserways.com
|

| | > Thanks for sharing this.
| >
| > Just a "no you heard wrong" is hardly helpful to someone who is trying to
| > find out about a product.
| >
| > Do you know if the release is going to be in early 2006 or later in the
| > year?
| >
| > I'd hate to wait a year and a half for FrontPage 2006 (if it's going to be
| > released late in the year.)
| >
| > And FrontPage 2003 sounds way TOO OLD in the year 2005, especially given
| > the
| > possibilities of web design these days.
| >
| > "JoeM" wrote:
| >
| >> I did not hear Frontpage 2005 but I did hear frontpage 2006, around the
| >> same release as Office 12. Which will be next year around the same time
| >> as
| >> longhorn. Verry excited

Jon Spivey

When did DOS 3 date from? I started in this game at DOS 6 and that seems old
:)

--
Cheers,
Jon

message I still use DOS 3.0 for certain thangs...hey, it werks.

"Cheryl D Wise" <wiserways.wiserways.com> wrote in message
| Other than the antiquidated CSS/Styles interface in FP 2003 (easily fixed
by
| using an external CSS editor as your default wth FP) FP 2003 is certainly
| not 'way too old' there are many people still using FP 2000 which is much
| older than FP 2003 will be in 2006 (or whenever the next version is
| released).
|
| After all people are creating good sites in such really "old" programs
like
| Notepad.
|
| From all I've read the next major release of any Office program will be at
| the same timeas Longhorn whenever that happens to be.
|
| --
| Cheryl D. Wise
| FrontPage MVP
| http://mvp.wiserways.com
|

| | > Thanks for sharing this.
| >
| > Just a "no you heard wrong" is hardly helpful to someone who is trying
| > find out about a product.
| >
| > Do you know if the release is going to be in early 2006 or later in the
| > year?
| >
| > I'd hate to wait a year and a half for FrontPage 2006 (if it's going to
be
| > released late in the year.)
| >
| > And FrontPage 2003 sounds way TOO OLD in the year 2005, especially given
| > the
| > possibilities of web design these days.
| >
| > "JoeM" wrote:
| >
| >> I did not hear Frontpage 2005 but I did hear frontpage 2006, around
the
| >> same release as Office 12. Which will be next year around the same time
| >> as
| >> longhorn. Verry excited

Thomas A. Rowe

See:
http://www.emsps.com/oldtools/msdosv.htm

WebMaster Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
If you feel your current issue is a results of installing
a Service Pack or security update, please contact
Microsoft Product Support Services:
http://support.microsoft.com
If the problem can be shown to have been caused by a
security update, then there is usually no charge for the call.

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28Crash_Gordon=AE\

I can't remember, it's on a dusty old 286 over in the corner...I only plug it in to remotely program certain old electronic devices over phone lines. It's ancient...and so is the tecmar modem it uses.

I have DOS 6.0 too, that's on a early P something and it runs like lightning on that box - it's almost funny to watch.

| When did DOS 3 date from? I started in this game at DOS 6 and that seems old
| :)
|
| --
| Cheers,
| Jon
| Microsoft MVP
|
| message | I still use DOS 3.0 for certain thangs...hey, it werks.
|

| "Cheryl D Wise" <wiserways.wiserways.com> wrote in message
| | | Other than the antiquidated CSS/Styles interface in FP 2003 (easily fixed
| by
| | using an external CSS editor as your default wth FP) FP 2003 is certainly
| | not 'way too old' there are many people still using FP 2000 which is much
| | older than FP 2003 will be in 2006 (or whenever the next version is
| | released).
| |
| | After all people are creating good sites in such really "old" programs
| like
| | Notepad.
| |
| | From all I've read the next major release of any Office program will be at
| | the same timeas Longhorn whenever that happens to be.
| |
| | --
| | Cheryl D. Wise
| | FrontPage MVP
| | http://mvp.wiserways.com
| |
| |

| | > Just a "no you heard wrong" is hardly helpful to someone who is trying
| | > find out about a product.
| | >
| | > Do you know if the release is going to be in early 2006 or later in the
| | > year?
| | >
| | > I'd hate to wait a year and a half for FrontPage 2006 (if it's going to
| be
| | > released late in the year.)
| | >
| | > And FrontPage 2003 sounds way TOO OLD in the year 2005, especially given
| | > the
| | > possibilities of web design these days.

| the

| |
| |

Trevor L.

You people must be young <vbg>

--
Cheers,
Trevor L., WIP (Web Interested Person) and Oldtimer (64 next birthday)

Jon said:
When did DOS 3 date from? I started in this game at DOS 6 and that
seems old :)

--
Cheers,
Jon
Microsoft MVP

"Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
wrote in message I still use DOS 3.0 for certain thangs...hey, it werks.

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

Cheryl D Wise

Want a copy? I think I've still got it on 5.25 floppy upstairs in a closet?

I'm thinking it was circa 1988 but who can remember dates that far back and
I'm too lazy to Google for it.

--
Cheryl D. Wise
MS FrontPage MVP

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28Crash_Gordon=AE\

Did it look like a portable sewing machine?

"Cheryl D Wise" <wiserways.wiserways.com> wrote in message | Does CP/M on a Kaypro luggable mean anything to you?

| --
| Cheryl D. Wise
| MS FrontPage MVP
| http://mvp.wiserways.com
| http://starttoweb.com
| Online instructor led web design training in FrontPage,
| Dreamweaver and more!
| Next Session June 26th
|
| | > You people must be young <vbg>
| >
| > --
| > Cheers,
| > Trevor L., WIP (Web Interested Person) and Oldtimer (64 next birthday)
| > Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au
| >
| > Jon Spivey wrote:
| >> When did DOS 3 date from? I started in this game at DOS 6 and that
| >> seems old :)
| >>
| >> --
| >> Cheers,
| >> Jon
| >> Microsoft MVP
| >>
| >> "Rob Giordano (Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| >> wrote in message | >> I still use DOS 3.0 for certain thangs...hey, it werks.

| > I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?
| > http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28Crash_Gordon=AE\

I'll trade you my copy of Visicalc on an 8" floopy :)

"Cheryl D Wise" <wiserways.wiserways.com> wrote in message | Want a copy? I think I've still got it on 5.25 floppy upstairs in a closet?

| I'm thinking it was circa 1988 but who can remember dates that far back and
| I'm too lazy to Google for it.
|
| --
| Cheryl D. Wise
| MS FrontPage MVP
| http://mvp.wiserways.com
| http://starttoweb.com
| Online instructor led web design training in FrontPage,
| Dreamweaver and more!
| Next Session June 26th
|
| | > When did DOS 3 date from? I started in this game at DOS 6 and that seems
| > old :)
| >
| > --
| > Cheers,
| > Jon
| > Microsoft MVP
| >
| > message | > I still use DOS 3.0 for certain thangs...hey, it werks.

| > fixed by
| > | using an external CSS editor as your default wth FP) FP 2003 is
| > certainly
| > | not 'way too old' there are many people still using FP 2000 which is
| > much
| > | older than FP 2003 will be in 2006 (or whenever the next version is
| > | released).
| > |
| > | After all people are creating good sites in such really "old" programs
| > like
| > | Notepad.
| > |
| > | From all I've read the next major release of any Office program will be
| > at
| > | the same timeas Longhorn whenever that happens to be.
| > |
| > | --
| > | Cheryl D. Wise
| > | FrontPage MVP
| > | http://mvp.wiserways.com
| > |
| > |

| > the

| > to be

| > given

| > the
| > time

| > |
| > |

Trevor L.

What about a Commodore 64 - that's 64KB of memory, quite a massive amount
<vbg>

A friend of mine lent me one for a few months some time ago. He was not
computer literate and wanted to know what I thought of it.

It cost $A800 and had no monitor or external devices.
The whole device was contained in the keyboard, and plugged into a TV set
as a monitor. Data could be read to/from cassette tapes via an interface.

Ah, the good old days. I think it was the 80s :)