FrontPage 2002 & XP System exception: access violation

G

I have been maintaining a webstire on a remote server for several years using a Windows 98 computer and FrontPage 2002 Upgrade. Recently, I updated my computer to Windows XP. Now, when I try to open a file FrontPage tomodify it, I get a "System exception: access violation" error. When I click the OK button, it locks up the program and I have to Cntrl-Alt-Delete to get out
I am set up as the administrator on the user options, so I should have rights to all folders. Does anyone know if this is a problem with FrontPage or an XP machine, or both? The program still works fine on the Windows 98 machine. Any help to rectify this would be appreciated
Thank you
Rand

Print | Copy URL of this post

.. .

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Are you opening the online site or a local version in FP
If, local how did you "transfer" it to the new machine

--

| I have been maintaining a webstire on a remote server for several years using a Windows 98 computer and FrontPage 2002 Upgrade.
Recently, I updated my computer to Windows XP. Now, when I try to open a file FrontPage tomodify it, I get a "System exception:
access violation" error. When I click the OK button, it locks up the program and I have to Cntrl-Alt-Delete to get out.
| I am set up as the administrator on the user options, so I should have rights to all folders. Does anyone know if this is a
problem with FrontPage or an XP machine, or both? The program still works fine on the Windows 98 machine. Any help to rectify this
would be appreciated.
| Thank you,
| Randy
|
|
| Print | Copy URL of this post
|
|
|
| . .
|
|