System Exception: Access Violation


G

Guest

My host recently upgraded their servers. They have FrontPage extensions. I
have to re-upload the whole site, but it keeps stalling out with the error
message: "System Exception: Access Violation"
Any ideas?

Thanx!
J
 
Ad

Advertisements

S

Stefan B Rusynko

You will need you have your host check permissions

--

_____________________________________________
SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
"Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
http://www.frontpagemvps.com/FrontPageNewsGroups/tabid/53/Default.aspx
_____________________________________________


| My host recently upgraded their servers. They have FrontPage extensions. I
| have to re-upload the whole site, but it keeps stalling out with the error
| message: "System Exception: Access Violation"
| Any ideas?
|
| Thanx!
| J
 
G

Guest

I've been back and forth with the hosting co. for a few days on this one.
Tried removing one of the security updates that might've been problematic.
What should they be looking for on their end? Thanks.

Josh
 
T

Thomas A. Rowe

Ask the host to run a Server Health Check and allow FP to reset permissions.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
==============================================
If you feel your current issue is a results of installing
a Service Pack or security update, please contact
Microsoft Product Support Services:
http://support.microsoft.com
If the problem can be shown to have been caused by a
security update, then there is usually no charge for the call.
==============================================

Josh H said:
I've been back and forth with the hosting co. for a few days on this one.
Tried removing one of the security updates that might've been problematic.
What should they be looking for on their end? Thanks.

Josh

Stefan B Rusynko said:
You will need you have your host check permissions

--

_____________________________________________
SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
"Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
http://www.frontpagemvps.com/FrontPageNewsGroups/tabid/53/Default.aspx
_____________________________________________


| My host recently upgraded their servers. They have FrontPage extensions. I
| have to re-upload the whole site, but it keeps stalling out with the error
| message: "System Exception: Access Violation"
| Any ideas?
|
| Thanx!
| J
 
Ad

Advertisements

G

Guest

Tried that. Still seems to be the same message. It will load a bunch of
elements, then part way through the transfer, this message comes up.

Thomas A. Rowe said:
Ask the host to run a Server Health Check and allow FP to reset permissions.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
==============================================
If you feel your current issue is a results of installing
a Service Pack or security update, please contact
Microsoft Product Support Services:
http://support.microsoft.com
If the problem can be shown to have been caused by a
security update, then there is usually no charge for the call.
==============================================

Josh H said:
I've been back and forth with the hosting co. for a few days on this one.
Tried removing one of the security updates that might've been problematic.
What should they be looking for on their end? Thanks.

Josh

Stefan B Rusynko said:
You will need you have your host check permissions

--

_____________________________________________
SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
"Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
http://www.frontpagemvps.com/FrontPageNewsGroups/tabid/53/Default.aspx
_____________________________________________


| My host recently upgraded their servers. They have FrontPage extensions. I
| have to re-upload the whole site, but it keeps stalling out with the error
| message: "System Exception: Access Violation"
| Any ideas?
|
| Thanx!
| J
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top