FrontPage 2000 security

G

Yes, the users have their own user id and passord (their domain access). The subwebs are set up with "unique permissions for this web" so they do not have the same permissions as the parent web.

Yes, I did set up some people for browse access, author and browse and admin rights.

Any another suggestions

thanks!!

----- Stefan B Rusynko wrote: -----

Are each of the 4-5 secured subwebs using a unique userID and password, and are any of them nested (inheriting permissions from
subweb above it)
- did you assign the users Author or Admin rights

--

| Within our intranet site we have like 30 subwebs. Of these, we have 4 or 5 that are secured where the user will get prompted for a
user id and password to access the subweb. The problem I am running into is that a user will access a site that they have access to
by entering their user id and password. However, if that same user attempts to access another subweb that they do not have
permission to it is allowing them access. This happens if they do not close their browser.
|
| If the user closes down their browser and attempts to access a subweb they do not have permisson to the security piece works fine.
|
| Is there anything I can do to within Frontpage security that will require a user to enter their user id and password each time
they attempt to access a secured subweb even though they do not close their browser?

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Try removing the admin rights

--

| Yes, the users have their own user id and passord (their domain access). The subwebs are set up with "unique permissions for this
web" so they do not have the same permissions as the parent web.
|
| Yes, I did set up some people for browse access, author and browse and admin rights.
|
| Any another suggestions
|
| thanks!!
|
| ----- Stefan B Rusynko wrote: -----
|
| Are each of the 4-5 secured subwebs using a unique userID and password, and are any of them nested (inheriting permissions
from
| subweb above it)
| - did you assign the users Author or Admin rights
|
| --
|
| _____________________________________________
| SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
| "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
| To find the best Newsgroup for FrontPage support see:
| http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| _____________________________________________
|
|
| | Within our intranet site we have like 30 subwebs. Of these, we have 4 or 5 that are secured where the user will get
prompted for a
| user id and password to access the subweb. The problem I am running into is that a user will access a site that they have
access to
| by entering their user id and password. However, if that same user attempts to access another subweb that they do not have
| permission to it is allowing them access. This happens if they do not close their browser.
| |
| | If the user closes down their browser and attempts to access a subweb they do not have permisson to the security piece
works fine.
| |
| | Is there anything I can do to within Frontpage security that will require a user to enter their user id and password each
time
| they attempt to access a secured subweb even though they do not close their browser?
|

Ask a Question