Front Page 2000 with Vista OS

Cianne in Bakersfield

I have a website created (by someone else) using Front Page 2000. I've just
bought a new computer with Vista on it. Can I load the version of Front Page
that I have and will it work with Vista? Or do I need to order one of the 3
new replacements for Front Page? If so, I'm a real rookie and can only edit
my website, which of the three should I get?

Ronx

FrontPage has been replaced by Expression Web and SharePoint Designer -
(there isn't a third product replacing FrontPage).
Expression Web (EW) is aimed at standards compliant web sites, and has
limited support for FrontPage components. SharePoint Designer is aimed
at SharePoint websites, but has more support for FrontPage Components in
the current version.
Neither program has any support for VML graphics (WordArt, ShapeArt,
TextBoxes and objects created using the Drawing toolbar - not sure if
this was available in FP2000, anyway).

For FP2000 I would use Expression Web as the replacement. Existing FP
components (navigation, shared borders, include pages) will not be
damaged or removed, but adding these components to new pages might be
difficult. EW does not have a navigation view so FrontPage link bars
cannot be added to new pages.

A trial for Expression Web is available from
http://www.microsoft.com/expression/products/download.aspx?key=web

IMPORTANT: Do not forget the product key obtainable from a link on that
page.

You should be able to install FP2000 on Vista, but there may be a
problem when adding hyperlinks in Normal View - this may have been fixed
in a recent update.
--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (FrontPage)

http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp

"Cianne in Bakersfield" <Cianne in

Cianne in Bakersfield

Ok I'll try the trial version, but I just found out my version of Front Page
is 2002, not 2000 - does that make a difference?