Froms

G

Hi...
I have created a custom form....

Now i open the form fill in all the info and send it... wondefull all good...
but the person reciving the form see nothing?

What i am trying to do is create a form to send to other people(not on my
network)
to fill in and send back to me...

my problem is this...

i send the .oft file to the client .... client double clicks the .oft file
and it open a blank email instead of opening the form. i do it on my machine
and the form opens....

secondly when i send the form out (not the file the acutally form) the
person recivning it cannot see it....

How do i creat a from that i can send out to other people to use and send it
back to me.... PLEASE HELP

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Outlook custom forms are not suitable for what you want to accomplish. Consider using a web site survey form or a Word doc attachment instead. There are some other possibilities if you have Office 2007.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003

and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers

B

Brendan Chick

Hi,

I am also having similar trouble. Only I am using the forms as they are supposed to be used.

There is one person who receives the form and it opens up as a blank email. This person has top privelidges to publish Outlook forms, and had no trouble the week before when openning a sent form. In fact they can see a blank email when they double click on form file itself (.oft).
They are having the same problem with another form template, but can view others with no problems.

Is there maybe a setting on the form or in their actual Outlook that could be causing this?
As I said this person had no problems a week ago with the same form templates.
We are using Outlook 2003 SP2.

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Custom forms need to be published. Messages created directly from .oft files won't have full functionality. To start a design session from an ..oft file, you must use the Tools | Forms | Design a Form command, not double-click it. See http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=61 for more information.

B

Brendan Chick

Hi Sue,

These forms have been published correctly, as per our other published forms in the Organisational Forms Library. The are all stored in a central location.

This person was able to view the contents of the form correctly; by clicking Tools/Forms/Choose Form and finding it from the Outlook Organisational Library.

Sudennly, they when they choose the troublesome form in this way, they get a blank email (To: From: Subject: headers etc)and no form.
It worked fine for them a week ago, yet I and others aren't having this problem
-
<-- 'Cool threads, cool threads man.' - lecturer on process handling -->

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Are the forms published with the "send form definition with item" box unchecked? Have you cleared the affected users' forms cache?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming:
Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators
http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54

Brendan Chick said:
Hi Sue,

These forms have been published correctly, as per our other published forms in the Organisational Forms Library. The are all stored in a central location.

This person was able to view the contents of the form correctly; by clicking Tools/Forms/Choose Form and finding it from the Outlook Organisational Library.

Sudennly, they when they choose the troublesome form in this way, they get a blank email (To: From: Subject: headers etc)and no form.
It worked fine for them a week ago, yet I and others aren't having this problem.
--

Custom forms need to be published. Messages created directly from .oft files won't have full functionality. To start a design session from an ..oft file, you must use the Tools | Forms | Design a Form command, not double-click it. See http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=61 for more information.

B

Brendan Chick

Sorry, I should add to that, the troublesome form has not been fully published to Org Library, it has been published using 'publish form as' to a central location.

The person who actually publishes to Org Library just get's a blank email when openning the form. She has a new PC, previously she would publish forms off her laptop.

I strongly believe an Outlook setting/registry key needs adjusting here, as she could view the forms in design normally before switching to new PC
-
<-- 'Cool threads, cool threads man.' - lecturer on process handling -->

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

There is no central location other than the Org Forms library. If the form isn't published to Org Forms, then it would need to be published to each user's Personal Forms library, again with the "send form definition with item" box unchecked.

To open an .oft file for publishing, the user would need to use the Tools | Forms | Choose Form command, not double-click it. The article at http://support.microsoft.com/?id=907985 explains the limitations on ..oft files in more detail and provides registry keys that can return Outlook 2003 to the older, less secure behavior.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming:
Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators
http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54

Brendan Chick said:
Sorry, I should add to that, the troublesome form has not been fully published to Org Library, it has been published using 'publish form as' to a central location.

The person who actually publishes to Org Library just get's a blank email when openning the form. She has a new PC, previously she would publish forms off her laptop.

I strongly believe an Outlook setting/registry key needs adjusting here, as she could view the forms in design normally before switching to new PC.
--

Brendan Chick said:
Hi Sue,

It worked fine for them a week ago, yet I and others aren't having this problem.
--

Ask a Question