    to make it work correctly

    Can anyone help

    Thanks

    Diana Cormier, Nov 18, 2003

  2. Hi Diana,

    The below steps describe how an administrator can obtain the French Language
    as the Default language after Sysprep. To get this desired behavior the
    steps below must be completed:

    - Overriding the default behaviour of the Regional Options control panel

    - Specify the correct and valid values in the [Regional Settings]
    section of sysprep.inf

    MORE INFORMATION
    ================

    Overriding the default behaviour of the Regional Options control panel

    By design the Regional Options control panel installs one specific Input
    Locale per User Locale. The Input Locale installed with the "French
    (Canada)" User Locale is "French (Canada) - Canadian Multilingual Standard".

    To change this behavior, the file "intl.inf" needs to be modified to install
    a different Input Locale for the appropriate User Locale. In this particular
    case, we describe how a customer can have "French (Canada)" as the User
    Locale and "French Canadian - French" as the default Input Locale:

    Step 1:

    Modify %windir%\inf\intl.inf

    Find the line that begins with "00000c0c = %French_Canadian%" and replace
    the entire line with:

    00000c0c = %French_Canadian% ,850 ,1,,0c0c:00001009

    This will set "French (Canada) - Canadian French" as the default Input
    Locale when "French (Canada)" is installed as the User Locale.

    Specifying correct values in the [Regional Settings] section of sysprep.inf

    It's important to get these values correct.

    Correct values for the UserLocale and SystemLocale settings are:

    00001009 for "English (Canadian)"
    00000c0c for "French (Canadian)"

    Correct values for the InputLocale setting are any comma-delimited
    combination of:

    0c0c:00000409 "French (Canada) - US"
    0c0c:00001009 "French (Canada) - Canadian French"
    0c0c:00011009 "French (Canada) - Canadian Multilingual Standard"

    Step 2:
    Specify correct values in [RegionalSettings]

    Use the following [RegionalSettings] section:

    [RegionalSettings]
    LanguageGroup=1
    SystemLocale=00000c0c
    UserLocale=00000c0c
    InputLocale=0c0c:00000409

    This will set "French (Canada)" as the System Locale and the User Locale. It
    will also add "French (Canada) - US" as a second Input Locale. Note that
    "French (Canada) - Canadian French" will be installed as the default Input
    Locale once the User Locale is set to 00000c0c (provided step 1 above has
    been followed).

    REFERENCES

    Q284962 Sysprep Tool Resets Computer Back to Default Regional Settings

    KevinAnd [MSFT] - "This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
    confers no rights."

    Kevin Anderson [MSFT], Nov 18, 2003