freezing frames

Bob Griendling

For some reason I can't freeze frames properly. I know how to freeze frames
generally, but whenever I do, it still freezes the first 14 rows instead of
just the top row. I have unprotected the entire worksheet and unfroze the
entire worksheet.

I'm using XP Home with Excel 2000 9.0

Thanks,

Bob

Jim Cone

Assume you mean freeze "Panes".
Select a cell in column A just below where you want the
freeze to occur. That would be cell A2 to freeze row 1.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Bob Griendling" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
For some reason I can't freeze frames properly. I know how to freeze frames
generally, but whenever I do, it still freezes the first 14 rows instead of
just the top row. I have unprotected the entire worksheet and unfroze the
entire worksheet.
I'm using XP Home with Excel 2000 9.0
Thanks,
Bob

RagDyeR

See if this old post helps:

http://tinyurl.com/2qdzt

--

HTH,

RD

For some reason I can't freeze frames properly. I know how to freeze frames
generally, but whenever I do, it still freezes the first 14 rows instead of
just the top row. I have unprotected the entire worksheet and unfroze the
entire worksheet.

I'm using XP Home with Excel 2000 9.0

Thanks,

Bob

Gord Dibben

To Freeze Panes(not frames), you have to select a cell one row below and one
column right of where you wish to Freeze.

If you select A1 your Freeze will come at mid-window. You don't want that.

To freeze row 1 select A2

To freeze row 1 and column A select B2

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Bob Griendling

"Just below"....That was my problem; I was highlighting the row I wanted to
freeze. Thanks, guys.

Bob