Freeware Equivalent to LP Ripper?

Zo

Susan said:
Hi Zo,

:) One more tip - if you want to set or reset a marker manually - be
sure to investigate the zoom functions thoroughly - you can select a
small portion and zoom right in on it - then zoom again if you want to -
very quick and easy - I did it the hard way for a quite a while -
perhaps I can save you a bit of time.

Susan

Thanks for the tip Susan, I'll keep it handy for future reference.

Zo

Andy Mabbett

John Corliss said:
I would like to add that when a person in your position (maintaining
the Pricelessware page) starts *actively promoting non-freeware* in
this group, then things have gone too far and the group is no longer
functional.

"Death of Usenet predicted: Film at eleven."

Matthew Millar

I think that dbpoweramps freeware Music converter with the Auxiliary Input
might be the solution it can be found at www.dbpoweramp.com
its specific page is http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm#AuxiliaryInput

You Must first downlowd the freeware music converter and then the Auxillary >Input install file.

Here is some info about the the freeware converter:

Often called a Swiss army knife of Audio, dMC is able to Digitally
Rip sound >from Audio CDs to a multitude of formats, Convert from one
format to another, >just about every audio type is supported: mp3,
mp4, Windows Media Audio (WMA), >OGG Vorbis, AAC, Monkeys Audio, FLAC
(optional installs from Codec Central), >and many others (all whilst
preserving ID Tags). Windows Explorer Integration ->right click
Convert To & popup useful information on audio files (such as
bitrate, length). ID tag editing (Power Pack Option), Record from LPs
or >anything (optional Auxiliary Input install).

MinMin

did said:
No it can not. See below.

So you're promoting shareware and nagware in this group now, are you
Susan. Real classy. What's next, spyware? Warez? VIRUSES?

**** it, why don't we just change the name of this group to
"alt.comp.anykindofsoftware"?
I'm a bit late, but I can't help commenting on this thread. You know
John, I used to sympathise with you when I saw some of the posts here
attacking you personally. Now I see to my surprise you are apparently
not averse to delivering personal attacks yourself. I'm very
disappointed that you found it necessary to stoop to such levels to
express your disagreement with a person who is obviously a huge asset to
this group and the pricelessware pages. I'm afraid you have now lost my
support....

Gio

MinMin said:
I'm a bit late, but I can't help commenting on this thread. You know
John, I used to sympathise with you when I saw some of the posts here
attacking you personally. Now I see to my surprise you are apparently
not averse to delivering personal attacks yourself. I'm very
disappointed that you found it necessary to stoop to such levels to
express your disagreement with a person who is obviously a huge asset to
this group and the pricelessware pages. I'm afraid you have now lost my
support....

From where I'm sitting, it loos to me like he's got fed up with people
trying to stretch the definition of freeware to cater for software that
doesn't quite fit...

CHarneyCHRIS

Subject: Re: Freeware Equivalent to LP Ripper?
From: MinMin (e-mail address removed)
Date: 27/12/2003 11:59 PM E. Australia Standard Time

--
MinMin

"Are you still here? The message is over. Shoo! Go away!"

To john,who died and made you in charge of this newsgrop?, go and get a
life,pal! susan was trying to help.

Vic Dura

From where I'm sitting, it loos to me like he's got fed up with people
trying to stretch the definition of freeware to cater for software that
doesn't quite fit...

OTOH, some people do indeed think it fits.

Bob London, KY

I would like to add that when a person in your position (maintaining
the Pricelessware page) starts *actively promoting non-freeware* in
this group, then things have gone too far and the group is no longer
functional. You haven't a grasp of the definition of freeware and in
my opinion, you should step down from maintaining the Pricelessware page.

Would you like to maintain the Pricelessware page yourself?

John Corliss

Would you like to maintain the Pricelessware page yourself?

I maintained my version of the F.A.Q. for this group for years. I've
done my part (what exactly have YOU done for this group?) and I'm
entitled to express my opinion like anybody else.

Gio

Vic said:
OTOH, some people do indeed think it fits.

Can't see it myself - how exactly does having to pay for certain functions
tie in with the concept of freeware? An extreme example... is Windows
freeware, because you don't have to pay for Internet Explorer or the Media
Player?

I don't want to appear to be dogmatic, and as such am therefore willing to
be convinced by a suitably persuasive argument. Fair enough?