freecycle

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
Hi, There is a free yahoo groups serivce called freecycle. Basically what it is is that when people want to get rid of an item they have they post it onto the freecycle groups page and then somebody can come pick it up. The reason i posted it on here is that alot of the time people have some old computers that they do not want anymore and i was thinking that we could throw boinc onto those systems and crunch for the pcreview team. there is more information on it here http://www.freecycle.org/display.php?region=United Kingdom
and all of those groups are for certain areas of the country so there definately should be something local to you.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi Chelseafc2005

This site + its work is to be thoroughly recommended. I know loads of people who belong and are able to off load things they don't need to people who do. Excellent idea and I know many happy customers. The only note of caution I would urge is to women who live alone - follow the usual sensible advice re: strangers coming to your home etc......

Gabs xx

Reaction score
i signed up there

gosh is there so many emails that i used to get!
it was hundreds!

good idea tho! :)

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
yeah i had to create a folder in my inbox and filter all the emails from them as i probs get around 100 a day from them offering things

Ask a Question