Freecycle - What a Good Idea!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of Freecycle? I hadn't until last weekend...

Now we've all heard the phrase, 'One man's rubbish is another man's treasure' and that is the idea with this concept. It has been dubbed 'the fastest growing internet phenomenon since ebay', which I can believe. It is basically an exchange forum, where people advertise things they would have otherwise thrown away, and it runs within certain areas.

You can check out more information here

What do you all think?

:)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd never heard of this either actually... looks like a very good idea! 760 members from Manchester alone which was surprising.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I just joined the London group - what a load of old toot offered, lol ;)

Good idea though, lots of peeps have stuff they just don't want, and it's collected from them by somebody who needs that thing.

Reaction score
Freecycle/Give or Take

There's also a web based sort-of version of Freecycle called Give or Take. http://www.giveortake.org. Aimed mainly at North East London but no reason why it can't be used for London as a whole.

Spod

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
A word of warning. I currently have 1273 e-mails in my Yahoo in-box, every one of them from Freecycle.

Suppose I best check if there's an 'unsubscribe' option ;)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Eek! :eek:

I guess Freecycling is a good idea in theory... but perhaps the practical doesn't really work out

Ask a Question