Free performance tester for flash memory?

PeeCee

"Anonymous Remailer (austria)" wrote in message

Can you recommend a performance tester for USB flash memory? Preferably
freeware.

I tried Vconsole's flash tester but its performance reporting is too
basic.

http://www.vconsole.com/client/?page=page&id=13

I've used HD Speed to benchmark USB memory sticks.
http://www.steelbytes.com/?mid=20
Does both read / write tests, burst rate, logs and you can vary the block
size as well.
No install required, portable, just run the exe.

I tend to go through quite a few USB memory sticks setting up new clients
backups.
HD Speed has been very handy finding out which brands give the best
performance for the buck.
It's also shown you can't beat an external USB hard drive for speedy
backups.

I also found it handy for burn in testing suspected faulty ones.

Note you need to run it as an administrator in Vista/Win7.
(right click, run as..)

Best
Paul.