free linux CD's

Reaction score
hi all, forgive me if you've seen this one (i'm new here :blush: ), but you can order the latest ubuntu distro - for free!

here's the link: clicky

and it seems you can order as many as you like!

i'm sure there's a catch, i just haven't found it yet....

Reaction score
thanks redeyes

ive never been a user of linux but i never say no to freebies!

:)

Reaction score
There's no catch, they want you to distribute it to as many people as possible. I ordered 10 copies of each of the first distro and managed to convert six people to Linux so I consider that operation a success.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Or just download whichever distro you like for free from www.linuxiso.org or any one of many other places.

You DO have a choice.

OK, 3 x 700MB are three big downloads, but if you have broadband, each CD takes about 3 hours on average, start the D/L before you go to bed for three nights running, use checksum, then burn 3 x ISO's to 3 x CD's.

Painless, free, and freedom of choice.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I just noticed the site I listed above eventually has Mandrake 10.1 on it, it's about time they listed that, it's been out for quite some time now.

And even more interesting, there's a 2Gb download available for DVD.

Sweet :)

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Great, I've just ordered mine.

I do like trying new distros of linux, in the hope that one will convert me from windows....don't really think it's gonna happen any time soon though. ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Cache-man said:
Great, I've just ordered mine.

I do like trying new distros of linux, in the hope that one will convert me from windows....don't really think it's gonna happen any time soon though. ;)

Nope, me neither, but I figure we're getting closer.

Funny thing, if we were all back in the day of DOS, with very little GUI's, we'd all probably think Linux was dead easy.

Progress?

Reaction score
Linux would probably be a lot easier for you new guys if you hadn't learned Windows first.

Ask a Question