Free Linux CD's

Reaction score
Could you please help in finding the best linux version and the link for ordering free CD of that Linux version?

Reaction score
If you search this has already been posted i think ... have a look around m8 ... lol

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
You can get most of the major distro's from eBay, costing just a few pounds to cover disk and postage costs.

Reaction score
Hey!!!

Cache-man said:
You can get most of the major distro's from eBay, costing just a few pounds to cover disk and postage costs.
I want it totaly free even the shiping cost should be free. Is there anyone it like that?

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
aloysiustany said:
I want it totaly free even the shiping cost should be free. Is there anyone it like that?
There is this offer from Ubuntu Linux http://shipit.ubuntulinux.org/ that was posted a few threads back. Although I havent recieved the disks I ordered yet, and I'm not sure if anyone else has either.
Other than that, I don't know of any other freebies, other than downloading some ISO's from some of the distro's websites.

Reaction score
gosh Flops there are too many on that site

im gona get an xbox soon
and gona put linux on the thing

what version do u think would be good?
im looking at mandrake what u rekon?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
psd99 said:
omw!
oh my word!

mandrake takes 3 cds to install?
thas just crazy

I'm fairly certain you can do an install of MD 10.1 with just the first CD.

But then you miss out on all the free goodies like Open Office and The Gimp, amongst others.

Also fairly certain MD 10.1 is the most newbie/user friendly.

Reaction score
Cache-man said:
There is this offer from Ubuntu Linux http://shipit.ubuntulinux.org/ that was posted a few threads back. Although I havent recieved the disks I ordered yet, and I'm not sure if anyone else has either.
Other than that, I don't know of any other freebies, other than downloading some ISO's from some of the distro's websites.

i did got 225 ( 5 boxes of linux disks ) took a long long time 2 come

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
dont know might either that or lob 224 ( 5 boxes ) of them out

Well that would be a complete waste wouldn't it.....

How about advertising them on ebay for 50pence a disk plus postage that way you make a little as well as serving people who are after a copy of Linux

Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Well that would be a complete waste wouldn't it.....

How about advertising them on ebay for 50pence a disk plus postage that way you make a little as well as serving people who are after a copy of Linux
would people accept these things sent in an envelope

plus is this the lateset linux ?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
search google for the latest ubuntu version, then check to see what you have

Ask a Question