Free converter Imperial Metric

Kibb

Hi there,
I couldn't find it on the net myself, but does anyone know about a free
(kitchen) converter Imperial-Metric?
I'm also looking for a list of recommended conversions Imperial-Metric..
Thanks in advance!
Kibb

Happy new year!

Yrrah

Kibb said:
I couldn't find it on the net myself, but does anyone know about a free
(kitchen) converter Imperial-Metric?

I use Convert:
http://joshmadison.net/software/convert/

You can add custom units yourself, so all you have to do is compiling
and adding a list of required units. If you can't find conversion
tables on the web, the public library is your friend.

Yrrah

Jack Sadie

Like Saxman, I too use ESB and fimnd it the best I have come across. Once
understood, its layout is particularly easy to follow and use.
HNY and best of luck with it.

Kibb

Kibb said:
Hi there,
I couldn't find it on the net myself, but does anyone know about a free
(kitchen) converter Imperial-Metric?

Hi

I am happily surprised to see all the answers1 Great, thank you all very
much for taking the effort.
I'm going to look at the given addresses straight away.

Kibb :)

Susan Bugher

Kibb said:
Hi there,
I couldn't find it on the net myself, but does anyone know about a free
(kitchen) converter Imperial-Metric?
I'm also looking for a list of recommended conversions Imperial-Metric..

rec.food.cooking has a *large* FAQ - there used to be an on-line frames
version - that seems to be gone. There a slightly outdated text version
here: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/cooking/faq/

Do a Google newsgroup search for "rec.food.cooking FAQ and conversion
file" to see the latest version. ( http://groups.google.com/ )

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

George

I use "Convert" also. You can remove categories you don't need like
"Torque" etc.

Ray

I've used this one for about a year. It does feet and inches with fractions
to and from metric and almost anything else you may want.

Welcome to Uconeer - the units conversion program created specifically for
engineers. Uconeer has over 397 units arranged in 46 categories. However,
we have excluded all the archaic and esoteric units that clutter the menus
of the other programs. This makes Uconeer the easiest to use conversion
program available, while still retaining all the units engineers actually
use. If there are other categories or units you would like to see included
please contact us.

http://www.katmarsoftware.com/uconeer.htm