Free 256MB USB drive

John Corliss

Unfortunately, the program had some limitations so I quit using it.
And let us not forget the entirely 'bit-of-nasty'-free software known as
"NewsProxy (v1.2.3)" , which is the most-current release of NewsProxy that is
available.

NFilter and Newsproxy are the same program IIRC.

--
Regards from John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett or Doc (who uses sock puppets)

Vrodok the Piglet lover

Once Upon A Time (on Thu, 08 Jun 2006 12:02:29 -0700), in alt.comp.freeware,
by way of Message-id said:
Unfortunately, the program had some limitations so I quit using it.

NFilter and Newsproxy are the same program IIRC.

Yes, but there is a more-recent version/build available.

John Corliss

Swirler said:
Limitations, such as?

IIRC, it only was able to filter on overview fields in the header.
However, now that I review the thread though, I see that <<Q>> suggested
using the Message ID line. I remember now that I got distracted by
real-life issues and never gave that a try. Guess I should reinstall the
program and give it another shot.

--
Regards from John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett or Doc (who uses sock puppets)
for instance. No adware, cdware, commercial software, crippleware,
demoware, nagware, PROmotionware, shareware, spyware, time-limited
software, trialware, viruses or warez for me, please.

(akula)

I know this is late followup, but I only check
for discussion of Newsproxy v1.2.3 one per month
at Google.
[...]
NFilter and Newsproxy are the same program IIRC.
[...]
Well, yes and no. The update I've released is
labeled Newsproxy v1.2.3 to differentiate it from
Mark's original work. v1.2.3 corrects some issues
I had with the UI and can control which headers
are sent to the server. It has also been tested
on Windows XP-SP2. The filtering code is mostly
the same, but I do not have the flooding detection
code so that isn't included.

The filters depend on what a news server sends in
the overview. Altopia provides all headers, other
services differ. The Xref header is the most reliable
for filtering out crossposted flamewars.

The filename I released it under is nps-123.zip
The source code is included and I'll post it on
request in alt.binaries.freeware

If anyone reading this knows the owner of nfilter.org,
feel free to ask them to put nps-123.zip on that site.

I'm more easily found in alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent.modified
if anyone has suggestions, questions or feature requests.
It's a good app but still has a lot of areas that could
use a makeover.

Mike Dee

I'm re-posting akula's post because of what I thought was a misleading
Subject title, which also contained the word *SPAM*, and many would
probably filter out this post without a chance to read the content.

Both the subject and word SPAM were not relevant to the post, which is as
follows.

Re: Free 256MB USB drive *SPAM*
From: "(akula)" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 22:44:06 -0000

Mike said:
I'm re-posting akula's post because of what I thought was a misleading
Subject title, which also contained the word *SPAM*, and many would
probably filter out this post without a chance to read the content.

Both the subject and word SPAM were not relevant to the post, which is as
follows. (snip)

Mike,
This thread's OP *was* spam from Damideals. Perhaps it might be
better if you started a new thread.

--

Mike said:
I'm re-posting akula's post because of what I thought was a misleading
Subject title, which also contained the word *SPAM*
[...]

Mike,
This thread's OP *was* spam from Damideals. Perhaps it might be
better if you started a new thread.

OK. I'll re-post it too, John.
Now moved to:
<