Framework Install Hangs/Locks

G

I'm attempting to install the .NET Framework (on a test client) and continue to encounter a problem. The installs of versions 1.0a, 1.1 and 1.1 SDK all lock at "Registering System.EnterpriseServices.dll". When I check Task Manager msdtc.exe has 94-99% cpu. I've let it run for 6 hours, no change. I've tried stopping MSDE, IIS and VirusScan Pro 7. I've searched ibm.com and microsoft.com, no luck so far
System Info..
ThinkPad A21m
384M RA
11+G free H
Win2K SP
I'm not sure what other info might be helpful

Any thoughts what I might try next

Thanks!

G

I'm unsure what to expect for turnaround time on the newsgroup.
If I should be requesting information elsewhere, please let me know.

G

-----Original Message-----
I'm unsure what to expect for turnaround time on the newsgroup.
If I should be requesting information elsewhere, please let me know.

I'm having the same problem with similar configuration.
If you get a solution please send a copy to
(e-mail address removed)

G

Well, I'm going to give up and try Win2K SP3 instead of SP4. I'm a little concerned that there's been no response. I've received calls from Microsoft offering assistance getting .Net development moving in our organization. At this point I'm unsure if there are widespread issues concerning framework only installs, if it's a issue with this machine, or possibly laptops in general. I'll need to research this issue further before any plans can develope involving .Net client applications.

Ask a Question