FP2003 don't remember password

Gus Skiaker

My FP2003 seems to "forget" things. On new websites I
create and publish, FP doesn't remember the password
between publishing. It also adds in the domain name in
front of the user name. I also have problem with getting
changed files in the _derived folder to publish. I can't
even see this folder in FP with the Show hidden files and
folders checked. Anyone here that knows what could be
going on, and how to fix it?

Thomas A. Rowe

Regarding seeing the _derived folder, it is never viewable from within FP.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Stefan B Rusynko

Passwords used by FP are "stored" using IE
In IE use Tools > Internet Options > Security
Click on 'Trusted' and on 'Custom Level'
Make sure the selection at the bottom is set to:
'Automatic logon with current username and password' and click OK
Click on 'Sites' and add your site URL in the 'Add this Web Site to the Zone', and OK, OK
- note: you may have to unselect the option: Require server verification (https)... to add your site

--

| My FP2003 seems to "forget" things. On new websites I
| create and publish, FP doesn't remember the password
| between publishing. It also adds in the domain name in
| front of the user name. I also have problem with getting
| changed files in the _derived folder to publish. I can't
| even see this folder in FP with the Show hidden files and
| folders checked. Anyone here that knows what could be
| going on, and how to fix it?

Gus Skiaker

Thanks, that helped!
Passwords used by FP are "stored" using IE
In IE use Tools > Internet Options > Security
Click on 'Trusted' and on 'Custom Level'
Make sure the selection at the bottom is set to:
'Automatic logon with current username and password' and click OK
Click on 'Sites' and add your site URL in the 'Add this
Web Site to the Zone', and OK, OK
- note: you may have to unselect the option: Require
server verification (https)... to add your site

"Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (- ;

"Gus Skiaker" <[email protected]>