FP 2003 Custom Hit Counters revisited...

G

I know that this has been addressed, creating a custom hit counter for FP2003... that it cannot be a transparent .gif... I use Paint Shop Pro Version 7 (sorry Microsoft)... I create webpages that sometimes use patterned backgrounds... how can this issue be addressed? the backgrounds are jpg images that are seamless... I need to be able to address this type of issue... Also, I notice that even if I use a solid background and I save the counter as a gif with a matching colored background the counter background is grainy... how should this be address?

thanks

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Have you checked with your host to see if they offer access to server stats for your account, as
this would be a better option over the FP hit counter or have you consider a 3rd Party Hit Counter.
Both of these option would eliminate your current issues.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
==============================================

aedcone said:
I know that this has been addressed, creating a custom hit counter for FP2003... that it cannot be
a transparent .gif... I use Paint Shop Pro Version 7 (sorry Microsoft)... I create webpages that
sometimes use patterned backgrounds... how can this issue be addressed? the backgrounds are jpg
images that are seamless... I need to be able to address this type of issue... Also, I notice that
even if I use a solid background and I save the counter as a gif with a matching colored background
the counter background is grainy... how should this be address?

Ask a Question